The Roomba S9+ vacuum is one of the most powerful Roombas available today. The 3-Stage Cleaning System and vSLAM® navigation allow it to clean every bit of flooring in your home. While it does come with a fairly high price tag, it comes with features and power you just don't get with other vacuums.
Roomba S9+ overview
Ultra-powerful suction is the just the beginning of what the Roomba S9+ has to offer. One of the most noteworthy features is its self-cleaning dustbin. When the Roomba returns to its charging station, it automatically empties itself into the station's receptacle. This allows the vacuum to make more trips around your house without getting full. Other features prospective buyers should take note of include:
- 3-Stage Cleaning System that has 40 times the suction power of the Roomba 600 series
- PerfectEdge technology to go around every corner and edge
- vSLAM® navigation to allow your Roomba to create personal Smart Maps
It's a robust feature set to be found on a vacuum. However, it's price and noise level may deter some people from wanting to get one. But when it comes to convenience, it's hard to beat what you get with the S9+.
Get Roomba S9+ if...
- You have other smart devices. The S9+ is compatible with the iRobot HoME app that allows you to schedule when the Roomba works and develop customizable maps. You can also sync your vacuum with Google Assistant and Amazon Alexa. This allows you to get your Roomba moving with a simple voice command.
- You want to do as little work as possible. Not only does the Roomba handle your vacuuming for you, but the automatic dirt disposal system makes things even simpler. You don't have to empty the Roomba's bin every day. You can wait for several venturings until the home station becomes full enough to empty on your own.
- You don't want your Roomba to hit other objects. Roombas in the past would bump into furniture and other objects. But your S9+ allows you to create customizable Keep Out Zones so that your Roomba doesn't damage anything.
Skip Roomba S9+ if...
- You're on a budget. The Roomba S9+ is among the most expensive models out there. The Roomba 960 is roughly half the price and comes with many of the same great features you expect out of the brand.
- You want to keep the noise down. Some reviewers note how loud the S9+ can get. Fortunately, you can have your Roomba run when you're away from home so that you don't have to deal with that.
- Dual rubber brushes that are 30 percent wider than the brushes on the Roomba 600 series
- Anti-allergen system that captures 99 percent of contaminants
- Power boost technology to better clean carpets
- Automatic dirt disposal that lets the Roomba empty itself for up to 60 days
- PerfectEdge technology to go along every edge and corner in your home
Reasons to Buy Roomba S9+
- You have pets. Having a dog or cat can really wipe out your home's floors. With durable brushes and powerful suction, the S9+ grabs everything, making it a must-have item, especially during shedding season.
- You have allergies. The anti-allergen system captures the vast majority of allergens in your house. It picks up dander, fur, dirt, and so much more to help you breathe easier. A clean house is essential for anyone with sinus issues.
- You already have a voice assistant in your home. When you sync your Roomba with Alexa or Google Assistant, you can get it moving with a simple command. That means if a mess occurs, you can tell your smart device to activate the Roomba S9+, and it gets to work right away.
Reasons to Avoid Roomba S9+
- Your house contains stairs. The Roomba S9+ is a great vacuum, but it can't climb stairs. You need another cleaning solution if you live in a multiple-storied home. You may need to purchase an upright vacuum or invest in multiple Roombas to take care of everything.
- You don't have pets. The Roomba S9+ is exceptionally powerful. But it's also expensive. If your house doesn't have pets or children, then you may not need something with so much power. You may want to look into a smaller model that doesn't have as many features, such as the Roomba 675.
What real Roomba S9+ reviews say
We spent 18 hours scouring the web (reading over 253 customer reviews). Our conclusion? Roomba S9+ receives high praise! Our average consolidated user rating sits around a 4.6 - 4.74 (across several hundred reviews). Roomba S9+ scored higher, on average, compared to their closest competitors.
What reviewers like
- "The app on my iPhone works flawlessly and does exactly what you’d want it to do. I could eliminate a room on a floor, but I don’t have any to eliminate in my home."
- "It has picked up an amazing amount of pet hair during that time. It makes a scheduled daily pass over the high traffic areas, especially the entrance where stuff gets tracked in."
- "It's just a dream and such a game changer for me. It's a competent, diligent, and meticulous little worker that's very entertaining to watch. My cats are fascinated!"
- "When the unit was full about halfway through the house, it returned to home, went it's automatic disposal sequence (about 2.5 seconds) and headed back out to where it left off."
- "I just fill it's tank and pop in its cleaning pad and it starts cleaning when Roomba is done vacuuming! My floors have never been cleaner!"
What reviewers dislike
- "The s9+ still can't overcome door thresholds whereas the Neato D7 could."
- "Was a little buggy at first. Did a factory reset and it doesn't have anymore mapping issues."
- "I only wish at least one Virtual Barrier device would've been included, considering the hefty price."
- "Wish there was a way to manually control robot like the older RF model I had with the round remote control."
- "I would recommend picking up cords and whatnots before your scheduled run."
Where to buy Roomba S9+
Amazon has the Roomba S9+ available for sale at the best price around. Amazon even lets you set up a payment plan with 0 percent interest for 12 months when you're approved for the Amazon Store Card.
The bottom line on Roomba S9+ vacuum
Roomba S9+ is an ideal choice if you want intense suction and easy emptying at a great price.
We have scoured the internet looking for the best prices, and nobody beats Amazon, click here to get your best deal!