With a simple touch of a button or voice command, the Roomba i7 vacuums hardwood, tile, and carpet floors while you're at work, sleeping, or watching tv! This AI powered vacuuming robot is ideal for pet hair, uses vSLAM navigation to learn your home layout, allows instant clean commands and keep out zones, and it even suggests personalized cleaning schedules that benefit your lifestyle.
Roomba i7 overview
The Roomba i7 is an advanced, AI powered vacuuming home robot with some of the latest and greatest bells and whistles you'd expect from Roomba. The i7 uses vSLAM navigation technology to learn the layout of your home and builds personal Smart Maps to expertly clean each space. With the touch of a button, or an Alexa or Google Assistant enabled voice command, the Roomba i7 gets to work instantly. Other key features include:
- Keep Out Zones, keeping your Roomba i7 away from sensitive areas like pet bowls or play rooms
- Instant voice command spot cleaning via iRobot App, powered by Alexa or Google Assistant. Simply tell your Roomba i7 to clean the crumbs under the kitchen table, and consider this task done.
- The i7 learns your cleaning habits and suggests cleaning schedules that work for you.
- Premium 3-Stage Cleaning System and 10X the Power-Lifting Suction than the 600 Series.
Despite the i7's variety of handy technological features and smart design, this vacuum may not be the right fit for everyone. We've all bought an expensive piece of tech that didn't quite live up to the hype. If you want to make sure that the Roomba i7 is a suitable choice for you, continue reading!
Get the Roomba i7 if...
- You want more control over how your Roomba cleans. With features like Imprint Smart Mapping, Keep Out Zones, and On-Demand spot cleaning, you can decide what rooms you want the Roomba i7 to clean, which areas you want it to stay out of, and have the i7 clean messes instantly.
- You're a pet owner. If you can't seem to keep up with your pet's shedding, the Roomba i7 may be a good choice. Its Multi-Surface Rubber brushes pick up hair effectively from all of your surfaces, and the brushes are designed to resist pet hair tangles. Plus, the High Efficiency filter traps 99% of pet hair allergens.
- You want a personalized cleaning schedule. The Roomba i7 learns your cleaning habits and suggests personalized schedules to meet your needs. This vacuum also suggests cleaning measures via the iRobot Home App you may not have thought about - like extra vacuuming during allergy season! Owning a vacuum that works to benefit your lifestyle is great if you're a busy person with little time to make a cleaning schedule.
Skip the Roomba i7 if...
- You have tons of stairs. The Roomba i7 is a convenient and seriously smart vacuum, but this convenience ends at multiple floors. The Roomba i7 doesn't travel down or vacuum stairs, so you may have to buy multiple Roomba vacuums for each floor, as well as a stick vacuum for your stairs to compensate. If this is the case, the Roomba i7 may not be the best choice for you.
- You're on a budget. The Roomba i7's additional features do come at a higher price point, and may not be suitable if you're on a budget. Check out Roomba's 600 series if you're looking for a more affordable vacuuming home robot.
- 10X the Power-Lifting suction than the 600 series
- Voice control and personalized cleaning schedules via iRobot App
- Multi-Surface Rubber brushes are ideal for all surfaces, and won't get stuck on pet hair
- vSLAM navigation helps the Roomba i7 efficiently and intelligently clean each room
- Cannot travel or vacuum stairs
- May be too wide for narrow nooks and crannies
Reasons to Buy the Roomba i7
- The Roomba i7 is great for elderly people or those with certain disabilities. The Roomba allows those with disabilities to gain a little more independence as it doesn't require them to ask for help in cleaning their home. Plus, the Roomba i7 only requires you to touch a button or give a voice command to clean your whole home, so you don't have to push around heavy machine for clean floors.
- Set it and forget it. If you're always on the go, this vacuum's "set it and forget it" scheduling feature allows you to carry on with all the day's tasks while your Roomba i7 cleans for you, hassle free!
- It's quieter alternative to a traditional vacuum. While the Roomba i7 does make noise, most users say this noise is easy to fall asleep through or even watch tv over. The i7's noise level nothing compared to the loud whirring of a traditional upright vacuum.
Reasons to Avoid the Roomba i7
- You're on a very specific budget. While relatively inexpensive for all the tech it packs, if you're looking to spend under $100, Roomba isn't right for you.
- You need a vacuum that can also be used to clean your couches, walls, and even your car. While the Roomba i7 can clean different types of flooring, it can't climb onto your furniture to clean the upholstery or maneuver around your vehicle. If you're looking for a vacuum that can clean more than floors, you should opt for a handheld Dyson vacuum such as the Dyson V7 Trigger.
What real Roomba i7 reviews say
We spent 18 hours scouring the web (reading over 253 customer reviews). Our conclusion? The Roomba i7 receives high praise! Our average consolidated user rating sits around a 4.6 - 4.74 (across several hundred reviews). The Roomba i7 scored higher, on average, compared to their closest competitors.
What reviewers like
- "This cleans A LOT better than my crosswave vacuum mop and gets places under beds and furniture where Swiffer and regular vacuums can’t reach."
- "Roomba does an excellent job of vacuuming the dirt and hair off of my tile, hardwood, and carpeted floors."
- "The floors finally stay clean all week."
- "The app is easy to install and simple to operate and with scheduling, the continuous cleaning is wonderful."
- "The technology is great, and it is able to navigate our house with no problems."
What reviewers dislike
- "It makes quite a bit of noise while running but it's not annoying."
- "The extra costs for this model do not seem worth it."
- "Noisy on hard floors, especially ceramic tile."
- "Smart maps are hard to update."
- "Doesn't get into every corner but still very acceptable."
Where to buy the Roomba i7
The best place to buy your Roomba i7 is on Amazon! Purchase it new or save money on a reconditioned model. Amazon delivers your Roomba in just a few days so that you have more time to do the things you love while the Roomba takes care of vacuuming.
The bottom line on the Roomba i7 vacuum
The Roomba i7 is an ideal choice if you want sleek, AI powered vacuuming robot at an great price.
We have scoured the internet looking for the best prices, and nobody beats Amazon, click here to get your best deal!