The Roomba E6 vacuum comes with durable rubber brushes and a 3-Stage Cleaning System. This makes it efficient at cleaning up big messes on hardwood or carpet. It's not the most advanced Roomba out there, but at the price, it's a great stepping stone to getting a cleaner home.
Roomba E6 overview
The Roomba E6 is comparable in terms of features to the Roomba E5. The vacuum is a real power-lifter, coming with 5 times the amount of air power as the Roomba 600 series. Other features you get with this Roomba include:
There's a lot to love, but there are characteristics to take note of. It doesn't have an on-board camera, so its navigation can be sporadic at times. Something like the Roomba S9+ gives you much smoother maps across your floor. But the tradeoff is that the E6 is much more affordable. It all comes down to what budget you're working with and what features matter most to you.
Get Roomba E6 if...
- You want to avoid cleaning. The Roomba E6 comes with a full lineup of intelligent sensors. It's capable of making over 60 decisions every second to roam around your home and clean every inch of floor thoroughly.
- You enjoy smart technology. The Roomba E6 comes with WiFi connectivity. You can easily control the Roomba and schedule cleaning cycles from your smartphone.
- You want the most out of your smart devices. You may not even need your phone to utilize your Roomba. The E6 is compatible with Google Assistant and Alexa-enabled devices to start and stop your vacuum.
Skip Roomba E6 if...
- You have a large floor plan. The Roomba E6 does not come with Recharge & Resume capabilities. It may not have enough battery life to cover large swaths of floor.
- You want to protect your furniture. The Roomba E6 does not feature an on-board camera. As a result, it may bump against furniture and other objects, leaving behind marks. Something like the Roomba S9+ is far more advanced and keeps items around your home more secure.
- Comes with 2 virtual walls
Reasons to Buy Roomba E6
- You have several flooring types. The E6 is equipped with a durable rubber brush that works wonders on any surface. From carpet to hardwood, the E6 can capture between 98 and 100 percent of all debris.
- You want basic navigation. If you just need a vacuum that does a basic run-through of your home, then the E6 is perfect. Other models like the Roomba 980 create more specialized paths, but those come at a higher price.
- You want a good value. The Roomba E6 is much more affordable than other Roomba models out there. Considering the suction power you get and some of the more elite features, it's a great value for people who just want to vacuum manually a little less often.
Reasons to Avoid Roomba E6
- Your house has stairs. Some houses don't necessarily have flights of stairs. But there may be steps here and there that separate one room from the next. No Roomba can handle those changes in elevation.
- You don't want to leave your home's cleanliness up to chance. Since the Roomba E6's movements are random, there may be some areas of your home that never get attention. To avoid those kinds of buildups, you may want to invest in a Roomba S9+ where you can ensure the vacuum goes over every last surface.
What real Roomba E6 reviews say
We spent 18 hours scouring the web (reading over 253 customer reviews). Our conclusion? Roomba E6 receives high praise! Our average consolidated user rating sits around a 4.6 - 4.74 (across several hundred reviews). Roomba E6 scored higher, on average, compared to their closest competitors.
What reviewers like
- "This was the best money I've ever spent! I had been contemplating getting Roomba ever since I adopted my first cat. He has long hair, and I just couldn't keep up with his shedding."
- "Our little robot amazingly thorough at cleaning, particularly in corners, under furniture, pet dander, etc."
- "I love that I can just start it and it will make its way back to the charging base on its own."
- "Schedule 2 days a week for normal cleaning, and that seems to keep our home hair and dust free!"
- "The longest time I used it was 45 minutes, and it still had battery life left."
What reviewers dislike
- "Sometimes it cleans over the same area more than once, and misses spots."
- "Get stuck easily with uneven surfaces and rugs. Return to base is not always achieved. Hit and miss."
- "The only downside is that it is pretty noisy - my parents are able to sleep through it but this may be an issue for others."
- "The debris bin filled up quite quickly the first few times I used it, but now that I have it running on a regular schedule it doesn't fill up as much."
- "After every session it shows the the job was cancelled but I never cancelled it."
Where to buy Roomba E6
You can find the Roomba E6 on various marketplaces. But if you want your new vacuum from Amazon, then look for the Roomba E5. It has many of the same features you get with the E6 at a similar affordable price. Plus, it comes with Amazon's fast, free shipping!
The bottom line on Roomba E6
Roomba E6 is an ideal choice if you want superior suction and a solid battery life at an reasonable price.
We have scoured the internet looking for the best prices, and nobody beats Amazon, click here to get your best deal!