The Roomba E5 is a great example of smart technology. With voice commands and Dirt Detect sensors, it offers the ultimate in convenience. It's noisy, but when if you're able to work around that, it helps immensely with keeping your home clean without you having to physically clean.
Roomba E5 overview
The Roomba E5 is great when you want the best in smart technology. The vacuum learns your cleaning habits to provide customized schedules. And you can connect it to Alexa or Google Assistant, so it starts cleaning with a simple command. It even recommends a good time to clean when it's pet shedding season. Other beneficial features include:
- Dual multi-surface rubber brushes
Some reviewers note how the vacuum is noisy. But since you can schedule it to run any time, you can have it go when you're away and return to a spotless home. You can have it clean your floors every day and take one chore off your to-do list.
Get Roomba E5 if...
- You're tech-savvy. The Roomba E5 is compatible with the iRobot HOME app. You can create a schedule or even have your Roomba run with a press of the button. You're able to control it from anywhere, so you can clean your house even if you're at work.
- Your home is high-traffic. With kids or animals running around your home, you need a vacuum with patented Dirt Detect technology. This allows the E5 to locate dirtier spots of your house. And it cleans those areas more thoroughly.
- You need to clean hard-to-reach spots. At only 3.65 inches in height, the Roomba E5 can slide under pieces of furniture for a more detailed cleaning.
Skip Roomba E5 if...
- You want a physical remote. You can start and stop your Roomba E5 from your smartphone or on the Roomba itself. If you'd like a physical remote to go with your vacuum, then you may want to purchase something like the Roomba 800.
- You don't like loud noises. The Roomba E5 is particularly noisy, clocking in at around 64 decibels. Fortunately, it can run while you're away, so you don't have to deal with it.
- 3-Stage Cleaning System with 5 times the power-lifting suction of the Roomba 600 series
- Dual multi-surface rubber brushes that don't become tangled with hair
- High-efficiency filter that traps 99 percent of pollutants
- Adaptive navigation to work around objects
- Auto-adjust cleaning head to go from hardwood to carpet with ease
Reasons to Buy Roomba E5
- You don't like cleaning. The Roomba E5 makes life so much simpler. It takes care of vacuuming the floors, so you don't have to do it yourself after a long day at work. With the iRobot HOME app, you can schedule your Roomba to run while you're away to keep your home clean all the time.
- You have carpet. The auto-adjust cleaning head allows the Roomba E5 to go from one surface to the next without missing a beat. This means it can go on carpet, cleaning deep within the fibers to get every last speck of dust.
- You have sensitive sinuses. Pet dander and pollen can really irritate your sinuses, especially if you're sensitive to particular allergens. The high-efficiency filter captures 99 percent of these allergens to help you breathe easier.
Reasons to Avoid Roomba E5
- Your house has a lot of stairs. The Roomba E5 is great for one story. But it leaves one story of your home unattended for. You're going to need to find another way to keep an additional story clean.
- You need a larger debris bin. Some reviews point out how the E5 has a small debris bin. This means it may fill up quickly, especially if your home tends to get a lot of pet fur. You may want to try running your Roomba every day so that it doesn't have to pick up as much every time it runs.
What real Roomba E5 reviews say
We spent 18 hours scouring the web (reading over 253 customer reviews). Our conclusion? Roomba E5 receives high praise! Our average consolidated user rating sits around a 4.6 - 4.74 (across several hundred reviews). Roomba E5 scored higher, on average, compared to their closest competitors.
What reviewers like
- "The Roomba phone app is fantastic, you can set a cleaning schedule and do all sorts of other cool things remotely from your phone."
- "This product is worth every penny. My dog has fine, short hair and sheds horribly. This device worked AMAZINGLY on hardwood floors!"
- "It cleaned EVERYWHERE and found its way out of EVERYTHING."
- "The extra suction power for pet hair makes a huge difference. Even on our area rugs, the Roomba does a great job."
- "This was a great purchase. Cannot live without it in an all tiled home, especially with animals."
What reviewers dislike
- "The battery will power the vacuum for about 90 minutes, which is about how long it takes to vacuum our master bedroom and our large master bathroom. So it will not likely last long enough to vacuum your entire home on one charge."
- "Our Roomba usually makes it back to it charging station but sometimes not."
- "It is surprisingly LOUD. My 1 yo is terrified of it and it’s a bit noisy to have on during naptime, even on a different floor."
- "I give this one 4 stars because it’s perfect *except* that the dust bin seems a little small for what we need."
- "No mapping feature. So it can miss spots if the area to be covered is too large."
Where to buy Roomba E5
For the best price on the Roomba E5, turn to Amazon. When you buy your Roomba E5 on Amazon, you get to enjoy free shipping and free returns.
The bottom line on Roomba E5 vacuum
Roomba E5 is an ideal choice if you want great suction and sturdy brushes at an affordable price.
We have scoured the internet looking for the best prices, and nobody beats Amazon, click here to get your best deal!