With a simple touch of a button or voice command, the Roomba 960 vacuums hardwood, tile, and carpet floors while you're at work, sleeping, or watching tv! This AI powered vacuuming robot has multi-surface rubber brushes that are ideal for picking up pet hair, and it even suggests personalized cleaning schedules that benefit your lifestyle.
Roomba 960 overview
The Roomba 960 is an AI powered, innovative vacuuming home robot that features the engineering and technology driven design you expect from Roomba. A step up from Roomba's 600 series, the 960 delivers 5 times the suction power for improved pick-up performance. A few other features include:
- iAdapt technology and vSLAM navigation which optimizes the Roomba's floor coverage.
- Dual Multi-Surface Rubber brushes are ideal for carpet and hardwood, and won't get stuck on pet hair.
- AI technology learns your cleaning habits and suggests cleaning schedules that work for you.
- Compatible with Alexa and Google Assistant, and can start cleaning with voice commands.
Despite the Roomba 960's technologically advanced features, this vacuum may not be the right fit for everyone. We've all bought an expensive piece of tech that didn't quite live up to the hype. If you want to make sure that this vacuuming home robot is the right choice for you, continue reading!
Get the Roomba 960 if...
- You're a pet owner. If you can't seem to keep up with your pet's shedding, the Roomba 960 may be a good choice. Its Multi-Surface Rubber brushes pick up hair effectively from all of your surfaces, and the brushes are designed to resist pet hair tangles. Plus, the High Efficiency filter traps 99% of pet hair allergens.
- You don't like to vacuum. Busy or not, some people loathe hauling their heavy vacuums out, plugging in the long cord, and trudging around the house anywhere from 15 minutes to an hour. If you'd rather ditch your traditional vacuum for a hands-off cleaning experience, the Roomba 960 delivers. Sit back, relax, and watch your Roomba 960 do all the hard work for you.
- You want a personalized cleaning schedule. The Roomba 960 learns your cleaning habits and suggests personalized schedules to meet your needs. This vacuum also suggests cleaning measures via the iRobot Home App you may not have thought about - like extra vacuuming during allergy season!
Skip the Roomba 960 if...
- You have tons of stairs. The Roomba 960 is a convenient vacuum, but this convenience ends at multiple floors. The Roomba 960 doesn't travel down or vacuum stairs, so you may have to buy multiple Roomba vacuums for each floor, as well as a stick vacuum for your stairs to compensate. If this is the case, the Roomba 960 may not be the best choice for you.
- You have narrow nooks and crannies that need vacuuming The Roomba 960 is great at getting underneath furniture, but if you have areas that are narrower than its near 14" diameter, the Roomba 960 won't be able to reach them. If this is the case, the Roomba 960 may not be for you.
- Multi-Surface rubber brushes efficiently clean all surfaces, resist pet hair tangles
- 5 times more suction power than the 600 series
- Recharges itself in the middle of cleaning sessions to prevent dead battery
- iAdapt and vSLAM technology helps the Roomba 960 optimally navigate and clean your home
- Cannot travel or vacuum stairs
- May be too wide for narrow nooks and crannies
Reasons to Buy the Roomba 960
- The Roomba 960 is great for elderly people or those with certain disabilities. The Roomba allows those with disabilities to gain a little more independence as it doesn't require them to ask for help in cleaning their home. Plus, the Roomba 960 only requires you to touch a button or give a voice command to clean your whole home, so you don't have to push around a heavy machine for clean floors.
- Set it and forget it. If you're always on the go, this vacuum's "set it and forget it" scheduling feature allows you to carry on with all the day's tasks while your Roomba 960 cleans for you, hassle free!
- It's quieter than a traditional vacuum. While the Roomba 960 does make noise, most users say this noise is easy to fall asleep through or even watch tv over. The 960's noise level is nothing compared to the loud whirring of a traditional upright vacuum.
Reasons to Avoid the Roomba 960
- You're on a tight budget. While relatively inexpensive for all the tech it packs, if you're looking to spend under $100, Roomba isn't right for you.
- You need a vacuum that can also be used to clean your couches, walls, and even your car. While the Roomba 960 can clean different types of flooring, it can't climb onto your furniture to clean the upholstery or maneuver around your vehicle. If you're looking for a vacuum that can clean more than floors, you should opt for a handheld Dyson vacuum such as the Dyson V7 Trigger.
What real Roomba 960 reviews say
We spent 18 hours scouring the web (reading over 253 customer reviews). Our conclusion? The Roomba 960 receives high praise! Our average consolidated user rating sits around a 4.6 - 4.74 (across several hundred reviews). The Roomba 960 scored higher, on average, compared to their closest competitors.
What reviewers like
- "We run it every morning, and I am amazed at how clean the hardwood floors are."
- "It picks up so much extra dust and hair from our animals--very pleased with product."
- "I like how you can schedule time to use it for 7 days a week."
- "Does not intrude on conversations or watching tv as it is not noisy."
- "I have enjoyed the peace I feel about the USUAL stress of having to clean under the beds, hardwood floors and high beds!"
What reviewers dislike
- "I expected a little more life and smart features."
- "Sometimes it has trouble find it's way back home to dock."
- "Occasional hang up on the rugs."
- "Roomba needs a stair cleaner."
- "The dust bin does not compress the hair as it picks it up so it reads full very fast."
Where to buy the Roomba 960
The best place to buy your Roomba 960 is on Amazon! Purchase it new or save money on a reconditioned model. Amazon delivers your Roomba in just a few days so that you have more time to do the things you love while the Roomba takes care of vacuuming.
The bottom line on the Roomba 960 vacuum
The Roomba 960 is an ideal choice if you want an intuitive, AI vacuuming robot at a great price.
We have scoured the internet looking for the best prices, and nobody beats Amazon, click here to get your best deal!