The Roomba 891 makes quick work of any debris thanks to its multi-surface brushes and advanced Dirt Detect technology. It finds any problem areas and rapidly sucks up all loose dust and pet hair. While pricey, many Roomba 891 owners seem to think it's well worth the investment.
Roomba 891 overview
The Roomba 891 comes with exceptional power at the price point of a less advanced vacuum. For starters, the power-lifting suction of the Roomba is 5 times than of models in the 600 and 700 series. This allows it to pull pet hair and embedded dirt out of carpet without issue. Other advantageous features to consider include:
- Tangle-free, multi-surface brushes
- Smart sensors that allow it to make 60 decisions a second
- Advanced Dirt Detect technology
And that's only the beginning. If you have a smartphone or a device compatible with Amazon Alexa, then there's a whole host of features that open up to you. Keep reading to learn more about how the Roomba 891 can start benefitting you.
Get Roomba 891 if...
- You want to connect from anywhere. You can have your Roomba 891 clean anytime with the iRobot HOME app. You also gain access to tips and tricks to really get the most out of the app. And you receive real-time updates, so if anything happens to your vacuum in the middle of a job, you know immediately.
- You're a tech junkie. In the event you already have Google Assistant or Alexa, then you can seamlessly integrate your Roomba 891 into the rest of your smart devices. You can set up simple voice commands to start, stop, and dock your Roomba.
- Your home is packed with stuff. The Roomba 891 comes with a full lineup of smart sensors. Over time, it adapts to your house to better clean the floors. And it includes a cliff detect sensor to avoid any stairs.
Skip Roomba 891 if...
- You're on a budget. The Roomba 891 isn't the most expensive Roomba vacuum around. But it's definitely not the cheapest. If all those features sound superfluous, then you may want something more affordable, like the Roomba 670.
- You have a lot of space. The Roomba 891 runs on battery power. It should last for about 90 minutes, but that may still not be enough for particularly large houses.
- Auto-adjust cleaning head for all flooring types
- AeroForce 3-Stage Cleaning System that uses power-lifting suction
- Edge-sweeping brush to get debris from every corner
- Advanced Dirt Detect sensors
- Multi-surface rubber brushes
- Often can't clean the entire house
Reasons to Buy Roomba 891
- You're away from the house often. You may work long hours. When you are home, the last thing you probably want to do is clean. With smartphone capabilities, you can have your Roomba 891 clean while you're gone, so you return to a pristine house.
- You have pets. The multi-surface brushes can capture debris as small as 10 microns. This makes the vacuum ideal for households with pets where clumps of fur can quickly become big problems.
- You have different types of floors. You may have tile in the kitchen but a big rug in the living room. Even with this set-up, the Roomba 891 doesn't skip a beat. It cleans every surface with ease courtesy of the auto-adjust cleaning head.
Reasons to Avoid Roomba 891
- You want to program your Roomba. Some Roomba models allow you to program where it goes. The 891 doesn't come with that. But you can purchase the dual mode virtual wall accessory separately to gain greater control.
- You have stairs. With even just one step, your Roomba can't clean every area of your home. You need to either manually clean or invest in multiple Roombas.
What real Roomba 891 reviews say
We spent 18 hours scouring the web (reading over 253 customer reviews). Our conclusion? Roomba 891 receives high praise! Our average consolidated user rating sits around a 4.6 - 4.74 (across several hundred reviews). Roomba 891 scored higher, on average, compared to their closest competitors.
What reviewers like
- "It was definitely worth the money to get the added suction power. We can't recommend this enough - now we get to spend more quality time with our baby instead of vacuuming... priceless!"
- "It definitely cleaned my apartment very well and it wasn’t as loud as I had expected. I ran the first cleaning cycle at 10pm and it lasted 44 mins cleaning my apartment."
- "Start it once a day, maintain clean floors. I got just that. It starts automatically once a day, makes the rounds through the living room and one bedroom."
- "This one has a feature on the app that allows me to make it beep so I can find it. This is a great feature!"
- "Can pick up everything from dust to hair to pet food and does a THOROUGH JOB!"
What reviewers dislike
- "It did get itself trapped in the bathroom by shutting the door, but otherwise didn’t get stuck anywhere."
- "It does gobble up wires, small items and the like which has prompted me to be better about throwing my stuff on the floor without thinking about it, so I consider that a plus as well."
- "Every time you deploy him he goes off on a random pattern each time."
- "Will "spit out" the pet hair on the carpet if the debris holder gets way too full (but it's still in a nice little pile that's easy to pick up)."
- "The biggest complaint for any of the roomba models is that the bin is too small."
Where to buy Roomba 891
You can find the best price on the Roomba 891 on Amazon. It occasionally goes on sale, so you can grab it at a more affordable price. But no matter what, you get to enjoy Amazon's fast, free shipping!
The bottom line on Roomba 891
Roomba 891 is an ideal choice if you want greater suction power and a vasty array of sensors at a reasonable price.
We have scoured the internet looking for the best prices, and nobody beats Amazon, click here to get your best deal!