The Roomba 890 is a robot vacuum that excels at keeping your home clean, especially if you have pets. Although you may still have to vacuum every so often, this vacuum substantially lightens the work load. Using your Alexa or any other Wi-Fi connected device, you can control or check up on your Roomba. This robot vacuum doesn't totally replace more powerful and thorough vacuums, especially if you have a multi-floored home, but it can make your life easier.
Roomba 890 overview
The iRobot Roomba 890 is a robot vacuum that can connect to your Amazon Alexa or Google Home smart device. You get the quality and performance you expect from Roomba with the 890. On top of the name brand quality you get multiple features, including:
- Multi-Surface Rubber Brushes
The Roomba 890 is a great middle point between the entry level Roombas and the most advanced. When considering if the Roomba 890 is the right vacuum for you it's important to have all the information available to you. We've gathered reviews and specs about the product to help you decide if the Roomba 890 is right for you.
Get Roomba 890 if...
- Your home has multiple types of floors- The Roomba 890 has different brush heads for different floors. The brush heads switch automatically when it drives over that kind of flooring.
- You're a busy person- If you don't have time to devote to cleaning your entire house let Roomba do it for you. The Roomba can be programmed to clean certain spaces at certain times.
- You can't vacuum your home yourself- Since Roomba is a robot vacuum you don't need to operate yourself. This is great for handicapped people or people who can't stand up long enough to vacuum.
Skip Roomba 890 if...
- The device needs to cover a larger area - The Roomba 890 only runs for 90 minutes before having to recharge. Once it's recharged it doesn't restart itself. If your space is larger than what a Roomba can cover in 90 minutes, look into a similar model that restarts after it recharges, like the Roomba 960 or Roomba i7.
- You aren't good with technology - Roombas can't be programmed manually so you need to use Wi-Fi or Alexa to get the most out of the 890. If you don't feel comfortable with technology try out a cordless vacuum that gives you plenty of freedom of movement, without the technology hassle.
- Allows you to live your life while it cleans
- Can get stuck or lose its place
Reasons to Buy Roomba 890
- You need to get under furniture - The Roomba 890 is thin enough to get under most common furniture. Most folks don't realize how dirty under their couch or bed can be until they actual try and clean under them.
- Your pet sheds a lot - The Roomba 890 is great for tackling pet hair stuck in carpets with its 5x stronger suction power or on hardwood floors with its hardwood brush.
- Your current vacuum doesn't get deep enough - With 5 times stronger suction than previous Roomba Vacuums, the 890 gets deep into carpets to get those stubborn dirt specs leaving your carpet looking like new.
Reasons to Avoid Roomba 890
- Your house is excessively dirty - While this vacuum can keep your house clean, getting it clean is a different story. It can't hold a lot of dirt so you're better off with an up-right vacuum with a large capacity bin.
- Your home isn't robot friendly - Roombas aren't a good fit for every house. Houses with a lot of stairs or with a lot of tight spaces aren't very welcoming to robot vacuums. Consider a Hybrid vacuum for those hard to reach spaces and stairs, like a Dyson V7 model.
What real Roomba 890 reviews say
We spent 18 hours scouring the web (reading over 253 customer reviews). Our conclusion? Roomba 890 receives high praise! Our average consolidated user rating sits around a 4.6 - 4.74 (across several hundred reviews). Roomba 890 scored higher, on average, compared to their closest competitors.
What reviewers like
- "It picks up far more hair and debris than the upright vacuums we own and, as a result, the bin does have to be emptied about halfway through the cleaning cycle, so we don't run it when we aren't home."
- "I like the way it cleans most floors and finds its way around. The smart phone app works like a charm. I had to get help setting up the WiFi, due to my own stupidity, and the telephone support was excellent."
- "This vacuum performs admirably, it is much quieter than I expected and is great to KEEP your house clean."
- "I vacuumed pretty intensely before I started the Roomba on Day 1, and it still needed to be emptied out 3x in one hour. I was both horrified by the amount of dog hair the roomba was able to find, and also impress that it found that much dog hair!"
- "because of the style of furniture we got, the roomba was able to get under the bed, the couch, the armchair, etc...basically all the places that I only vacuum once a quarter...but it got ALL the dust bunnies (dust puppies?)!"
What reviewers dislike
- "Roomba goes for an hour and stops. Thats it. No more. Gets part way through and says its done. Booooooo!"
- "For the money, this thing should require less frequent changes and should find its way back to the charger more often. It should have better software and processor features giving it more learning of a home layout."
- "I will still need to do a deep vacuum manually at least once a month as the Roomba isn't great with the corners, but I still see it as a time saver for me."
- "I’m not in love with it. It cleans very well and I really really want to love it, but my issue is with the battery life. Sometimes it will clean for an hour and sometimes it will clean for 10 minutes and go home."
- "I've been thinking of getting one of these for several years and finally decided to spend the money. It's louder than we expected it to be, and it can be kind of maddening to watch it zoom past a huge expanse of open floor and get bogged down under a shelf again... and again... and again. Watching it struggle under there (and eventually rescuing it) makes me want to just sweep the floor myself."
Where to buy Roomba 890
Amazon is where you want to buy the Roomba 890. They offer the same warranty through Roomba, and, if you have a Prime membership, you also get to enjoy free shipping!
The bottom line on Roomba 890 vacuum
Roomba 890 is an ideal choice if you want a SMART robot vacuum that can get under most furniture at an reasonable price.
We have scoured the internet looking for the best prices, and nobody beats Amazon, click here to get your best deal!