The Roomba 860 is a simple yet effective vacuuming robot with all of the essential features you need to keep your house sparkling clean. Best of all? No work involved! The Roomba 860 lets you preschedule daily cleans for up to a week in advance, and its tangle free brushes and high-efficiency filter make this vacuuming robot a dream for pet owners.
Roomba 860 overview
The Roomba 860 is a high-efficiency, mid-range Roomba model with all of the essential, technology driven features you need for clean floors at the touch of a button. The AeroForce 3-stage cleaning system delivers up to 50% more cleaning performance than the 600 series. Other features include:
- Multi-Surface, tangle-free brushes
- Prescheduled cleaning up to a week in advance
- High-efficiency filter removes 99% of foreign particles from the air
Despite the Roomba 860's simple and effective efficiency, this vacuuming robot may not be the right for for everyone. We've all bought an expensive piece of tech that didn't quite live up to the hype. If you want to make sure the Roomba 860 is a good fit for your household, continue reading!
Get the Roomba 860 if...
- You can't keep up with pet hair. The 860's tangle-free brushes pick up pet hair from all of your floor surfaces, and even under hard to reach areas like under the couch. Its high-efficiency filter also removes 99% of pet allergens from the air, making your home fresher and more inviting.
- You have a busy schedule. If you're constantly struggling to find time for cleaning, the Roomba 860 is a great choice for you. Having clean floors is as easy as pressing a button, and you can even preschedule daily cleans for a whole week before having to preset it again. It's an ideal home appliance if you're always on the go!
- You want a budget-friendly Roomba. If you don't need all of Roomba's latest bells and whistles, like smartphone app syncing and voice control, and you're on the hunt for a more affordable model, the 860 is a good option. This vacuum has all of the essential features you need for clean floors, but at a much lower price point than Roomba's s or i series.
Skip the Roomba 860 if...
- You want a vacuum that cleans furniture and car interiors as well. The Roomba 860 vacuums any floor surface, but it won't climb onto your couch or clean your car's interior. If you're looking for a vacuum with this kind of versatility, the Roomba 860 may not be for you.
- Multi-Surface, Tangle-Free Brushes
- Prescheduled cleaning for a week in advance
- Not smartphone compatible
Reasons to Buy the Roomba 860
- You aren't smartphone savvy. The Roomba 860 delivers the suction power you expect from a Roomba without all of the smartphone syncing, iRobot app navigation, or Alexa enabled voice control. If you prefer a simple, user-friendly Roomba with buttons instead of smartphone control, the 860 is a great choice.
- You have lots of different surfaces and want one robot to clean all of them. If you're on the hunt for a vacuum that can handle hardwood, carpet, and tile equally well, look no further than the 860. The 860 seamlessly transitions between surface types automatically, and its AeroForce, 3-stage cleaning system cleans each surface 50% better than the 600 series.
- You have allergies, or allergy prone family. The 860's High-Efficiency filter removes 99% of allergens, pollen, and other foreign particles, which makes your air clean and fresh, and lessens allergy symptoms.
Reasons to Avoid the Roomba 860
- You want a Roomba with the latest bells and whistles. While the Roomba 860 provides high-quality cleaning power with the touch of a button, it isn't smartphone or Alexa compatible. If you're looking for these features, check out the Roomba i or s Series instead.
- You have a lot of stairs. The 860 is ideal for cleaning on floor, but it won't travel down or even vacuum your stairs. If you're looking for a vacuum that handles all of your home's floor levels, the 860 isn't a great fit.
What real Roomba 860 reviews say
We spent 18 hours scouring the web (reading over 253 customer reviews). Our conclusion? The Roomba 860 receives high praise! Our average consolidated user rating sits around a 4.6 - 4.74 (across several hundred reviews). The Roomba 860 scored higher, on average, compared to their closest competitors
What reviewers like
- "It navigates my house easily and thoroughly."
- "It saves me incredible amounts of time that I was formerly vacuuming on my own."
- "The battery life is more than enough to clean one floor of my house and it charges quickly to be used again."
- "It's super easy to empty and change the filter."
- "I'm constantly astounded by how much crud, especially pet fur, that it finds."
What reviewers dislike
- "It cannot always find it's way around some obstacles and will sometimes get stuck."
- "Lost a couple of times and cried for help to get home."
- "The one thing is that is doesn’t get the corners."
- "Super noisy which made it impossible for us to work from home."
- "I have some problem watching it go helter-skelter around the house."
Where to buy the Roomba 860
The best place to buy your Roomba 860 is on Amazon! Purchase it new or save money on a reconditioned model. Amazon delivers your Roomba in just a few days so that you have more time to do the things you love while the Roomba takes care of vacuuming.
The bottom line on the Roomba 860
The Roomba 860 is an ideal choice if you want easy-to-use, effective vacuuming robot at a great price.
We have scoured the internet looking for the best prices, and nobody beats Amazon, click here to get your best deal!