The Roomba 780 is a robot vacuum that excels at keeping your home clean, especially if you have pets. With 3-Stage Cleaning with AeroVac Series 2, the 780 easily picks up pet hair, dirt, and debris with ease on multiple types of flooring. Scheduling capabilities (up to 7 times per week) and a remote control, gives you the ideal hands-free cleaning experience.
Roomba 780 overview
The iRobot Roomba 780 is a robot vacuum that can connect to your Amazon Alexa or Google Home smart device. You get the quality and performance you expect from Roomba with the 780. On top of the name brand quality you get multiple features, including:
- Dual Multi-Surface Rubber Brushes - Instantly adjust and flex to stay in constant contact with carpets and hard floors. The brushes clean great on all types of floors.
- High-Efficiency Filter - The filter catches 99% of dog and cat hair or other particles. The great filter keeps your Roomba's suction power at max power.
- Power-Lifting Suction - The 5x more powerful suction gets deep into the carpets to lift stubborn pet hair and debris.
The Roomba 780 is a great middle point between the entry level Roombas and the most advanced. When considering if the Roomba 780 is the right vacuum for you it's important to have all the information available to you. We've gathered reviews and specs about the product to help you decide if the Roomba 780 is right for you.
Get Roomba 780 if...
- Your home has multiple types of floors- The Roomba 780 has different brush heads for different floors. The brush heads switch automatically when it drives over that kind of flooring.
- You're a busy person- If you don't have time to devote to cleaning your entire house let Roomba do it for you. The Roomba can be programmed to clean at certain times.
- You're a pet owner. The Roomba 780 is capable of picking up 98% of all pet hair and dander from carpet, tile, and hard flooring.
Skip Roomba 780 if...
- Your house has multiple levels - The Roomba 780 can't traverse steps at all. It comes with built-in cliff detection technology to prevent it from even approaching stairs. If you have multiple floors in your home, a Roomba may not be the right fit for you.
- Advanced navigation software
- Can get stuck or lose its place
Reasons to Buy Roomba 780
- Your house has a lot of nooks and crannies - The 780 can get under your furniture and into tight spaces that traditional vacuums can't. You'd be surprised how much dirt can accumulate under your furniture.
- You want independence. The Roomba 780 allows you to control it via a remote control. This gives you a hands-free way of cleaning your home with ease. Ideal for seniors or those with disabilities who maneuvering a traditional upright vacuum can be troublesome.
- You can clean your house even when you're not home - The programable Roomba can program times in which the vacuum cleans. This feature allows your vacuum to clean your house when you're away.
Reasons to Avoid Roomba 780
- It doesn't recharge itself - Some Roomba's, such as the Roomba s9, can recharge itself when the battery gets too low and then resume cleaning where it left off. If you have a large space that would benefit from this feature, the Roomba 780 isn't the right fit for you.
- You prefer to vacuum by hand - Not everyone likes a robot vacuum. Some people say that robot vacuums clean too randomly and miss spaces. Others say that Roomba's can't find their way back to their docking station. If you prefer a traditional vacuum experience, you might want to opt for a upright Dyson model.
What real Roomba 780 reviews say
We spent 18 hours scouring the web (reading over 253 customer reviews). Our conclusion? Roomba 780 receives high praise! Our average consolidated user rating sits around a 4.6 - 4.74 (across several hundred reviews). Roomba 780 scored higher, on average, compared to their closest competitors.
What reviewers like
- "Good coverage and ability to clean both hard surfaces and tile - The Roomba runs for a little less than two hours on a fully charged battery, and it seemed to completely cover the whole house at least once."
- "Easy to work - The accompanying DVD provided all the necessary information, including how to set the schedule. So far, no questions we couldn't answer."
- "The schedule - I love the scheduler. I have ours set to run Mon, Wed, Fri at 10:30 AM after we have all left to go to work."
- "The Roomba easily maneuvered its way from the tile to carpet with no trouble, and can even get up on the brick work in front of the fireplace!"
- "The kitchen has linoleum, and of course the Roomba gets it nice and clean. One thing I didn't expect is the side brush which spins to pull in dirt from the edges. That brush gets the edges cleaner than a broom."
What reviewers dislike
- "This thing is NOT quiet, particularly on hard floors! Maybe not quite as loud as a normal vacuum, but be prepared to have to turn up the sound on the TV if you want to run it while you're around."
- "After coming home a few times to see the Roomba sitting in the middle of the living room with an error symbol because a dog or cat toy got caught in the spinner, I realized I would have to scan the house to pick up anything that could get caught in the brushes."
- "Almost never does the Roomba get back to the charging station before the battery runs out, meaning a "find the Roomba" game I have to play three times per week."
- "Our Roomba came with extra brushes, filters, and a cleaning tool. The cleaning tool is useless! I found that a small Exacto knife and a plastic comb to be the best tools to clean the Roomba."
- "Start with the worst, the display lights don't turn off when on the charger. And they burn with the light of a thousand suns. Very very bad"
Where to buy Roomba 780
Amazon is where you want to buy the Roomba 780. They offer the same warranty through Roomba, and, if you have a Prime membership, you also get to enjoy free shipping!
The bottom line on Roomba 780
Roomba 780 is an ideal choice if you want a programable robot vacuum that excels on all types of floors at an great price. We have scoured the internet looking for the best prices, and nobody beats Amazon, click here to get your best deal!