The Roomba 770 offers superb convenience. App compatibility and an array of sensors allow you to have total control over a Roomba that's great at picking up debris over a litany of surfaces. And if you live in a small home, then the 90-minute battery life shouldn't be an issue.
Roomba 770 overview
The Roomba 770 is wonderfully designed to thoroughly clean your home. It comes with iAdapt Navigation that allows the vacuum to alter course based on the layout of your abode. It actually learns about your house so that it knows where to go to clean. Other features to help make your home spotless include:
Some reviews note how the Roomba 770 is loud and doesn't have the most impressive battery life. Fortunately, you may be able to circumvent these issues depending on the size of your home. What follows are key details about the vacuum so that you can make an informed decision before buying an item that should hopefully change your home life.
Get Roomba 770 if...
- Your house is prone to dirt. It's easy for debris to accumulate on your home's floor when you have kids and/or pets. The 770 comes with Dirt Detect Series II, which is a more advanced system from iRobot. It automatically locates dirtier areas on the floor and focuses its attention there until it's clean.
- You want it to clean 7 days a week. You can set up a schedule that works for you via the iRobot app. It runs when you want it to, and you can adjust as necessary if things change.
- You want to clean under furniture. At 3.6 inches in height, the Roomba 770 can get under couches, beds, and tables. It catches fur and dust you may not be able to reach on your own with an upright vacuum.
Skip Roomba 770 if...
- You have a large space. The Roomba 770 runs on battery power. It takes about 3 hours to charge and runs for roughly 90 minutes. For larger houses, it may not be able to get everywhere. In this case, you may want the Roomba 980, which runs for 120 minutes.
- You have cords around. The Roomba 770 has been noted to pick up cords and other things laying on the ground. You either need to pick these up or set up virtual walls so that the Roomba doesn't accidentally suck up things it shouldn't.
- Automatic docking and recharging
- Nickel-metal hydride battery
Reasons to Buy Roomba 770
- You're not tech-savvy. Syncing your vacuum with your smartphone may seem insurmountable, especially if you don't have a lot of other smart devices. Luckily, the app walks you through the process with easy-to-understand instructions. Anyone can do it and get the most out of their Roomba.
- You have hard floors. The Roomba 770 is suitable for carpet. However, it's particularly useful over hard floors, including wood and tile. It picks up dirt with ease to clean the area in one sweep.
- You have a pet. With a dog or cat around the house, you probably need to clean up multiple times a week. Instead of vacuuming manually, you can let the Roomba 770 take care of most of the heavy lifting so that there's less debris when you do a deeper cleaning.
Reasons to Avoid Roomba 770
- You have stairs. The Roomba 770 comes with Cliff Detect sensors, so it doesn't go over any steps in your home. However, that means there are areas of your house it can't clean. You either need several Roombas or need to vacuum manually to make up the difference.
- You want to clean as little as possible. To maintain the 770's peak performance, you should clean often. That may mean emptying the dust bin every other day and washing the bin regularly. Other Roombas, such as the S9+, require far less attention. So you can really forget about your vacuum.
What real Roomba 770 reviews say
We spent 18 hours scouring the web (reading over 253 customer reviews). Our conclusion? Roomba 770 receives high praise! Our average consolidated user rating sits around a 4.6 - 4.74 (across several hundred reviews). Roomba 770 scored higher, on average, compared to their closest competitors.
What reviewers like
- "I got mine in 2015 and it's still doing [its] job very will. I love it. I have 5 cats and a dog and it picks up all their hair plus cat litter."
- "Does a great job and will always have one of these in my home. This one still going on strong after all this time. Nothing but praise for Roomba!"
- "It keeps hard to get areas (under couches & cabinets) clean. It is amazing where it will go."
- "It blows my mind each time I empty the bin. I am like "all this came from our house?" I am surprised how much junk this picks up and we don't even wear shoes in the house."
- "We have mostly hardwood floors. It is scheduled to clean three times a week and it does a very good job. Very satisfied with my Roomba."
What reviewers dislike
- "They should just improve on deficiencies like banging into furniture legs, improved mapping and avoiding cords."
- "It is LOUD. The bin is small. It continues to "clean" although it can't hold any more junk."
- "Work good but does get stuck often."
- "Biggest complaint is that the bin is quite small, and it gets filled up in a hurry if you have pets in the house."
- "At first it appeared to me that the better value upgrade would be the 770 but this does not have Room to Room navigation facilitated by 2 lighthouses like the 780 does."
Where to buy Roomba 770
You can find the Roomba 770 available for the best price on Amazon. The site offers used and new models, so you can save some money on the former if you wish. You also receive free Amazon product support with your purchase.
The bottom line on Roomba 770
Roomba 770 is an ideal choice if you want a vacuum with powerful brushes at a great price.
We have scoured the internet looking for the best prices, and nobody beats Amazon, click here to get your best deal!