The Roomba 695 is a robot vacuum that excels at keeping your home clean, especially if you have pets. Although you may still have to vacuum every so often (especially if you have stairs) this vacuum substantially lightens the work load. You can program the 695 to clean up to 7 times a week on a schedule.
Roomba 695 overview
The Roomba 695 is a robot vacuum that's designed for houses with both carpets and hardwood floors. Using 3 different techniques—agitating, brushing, and suction— the Roomba 695 cleans all of your floors. On top of this, the 695 has multiple other features, including:
- Cliff Detecting Sensors - The 695 has multiple sensors that can detect not only drop offs but also furniture and people. These sensors can save your walls from scuff marks and your Roomba from breaking.
- Roomba App - Using your Wi-Fi enabled device, the Roomba app can program and schedule the Roomba's cleaning. On top of scheduling and programing the app can update you one the status of your Roomba.
- 3-Stage cleaning system - the 3-stage cleaning system in the Roomba is equipped with a power boost on top of the powerful suction. The powerful suction can get deep into carpets.
While these features are great and powerful, the Roomba 695 isn't made for everyone. It's important to do your research to make sure a big purchase like this is exactly what you want. Continue reading to make sure this vacuum is right for you and your home.
Get Roomba 695 if...
- You have multiple pets - The powerful 3-stage suction system can get deep into any carpet to get all the pet hair out.
- You like to keep things simple - This Roomba doesn't have all the bells and whistles that the newer more advanced Roomba's have. Some of those things are superfluous and some people don't know how to use them.
- You have a smaller house - The Roomba 695 is powerful for the battery life that it has. The 695 is perfect for a house that only requires a short time to clean.
Skip Roomba 695 if...
- You want newer technology - The Roomba 695 is just as powerful as other Roomba models, however, it does lack all the new high-tech features found in the Roomba s series. If you're looking for the latest bells and whistles Roomba has to offer, the 695 isn't the right choice for you.
- You need a full clean not a spot clean - The 695 is great for spot cleaning and in between deep cleans. But if you need to get dirt ground into carpet, opt for a more powerful upright vacuum instead.
- Advanced navigation sensors
- Low-profile to get under furniture
- 90 minutes of battery life may not be enough to clean a big house
Reasons to Buy Roomba 695
- You can clean your house even when you're not home - The iRobot app allows you to not only locate the Roomba in your house but you can also program times in which the vacuum cleans. This feature allows your vacuum to clean your house when you're away.
- You have a lot of furniture in your house - With the 695's low profile it can get under most furniture where a lot of pet hair and other dirt hides. It can also clean in and around tight corners better than larger vacuums.
- You don't have a lot of storage - The Roomba 695 comes with a charging dock. The charging dock doesn't take up much space and can be easily hidden behind furniture or a wall.
Reasons to Avoid Roomba 695
- Your house has multiple levels - The Roomba 695 can't traverse steps at all. It comes with built-in cliff detection technology to prevent it from even approaching stairs. If you have multiple floors in your home, a Roomba may not be the right fit for you.
What real Roomba 695 reviews say
We spent 18 hours scouring the web (reading over 253 customer reviews). Our conclusion? Roomba 695 receives high praise! Our average consolidated user rating sits around a 4.6 - 4.74 (across several hundred reviews). Roomba 695 scored higher, on average, compared to their closest competitors.
What reviewers like
- "I’ve had it for almost two years and use it often, at least once a week. It’s nice to get other things done around the house and my little robot do the vacuuming."
- "Since this is our first Roomba, I elected to go with this version vs the $500 and up models. So glad I did! This works great, runs for 90 minutes, and fills up the reservoir by the end. I clean out the reservoir daily- it’s very easy and not worth the self emptying cost in my opinion. "
- "My husband had vacuum the area the day before with our central vac. I ran Rumba and I had to empty the bin 4 times. Love it."
- "I love this little guy!!! I have a 4 level home. I initially thought that I wouldn't be able to use it on different levels due to it's "learned area system" but I found that it still is usable. So wooo hooo!!!!"
- "So glad I tried it. Makes cleaning easy, no back pain from heavy vacuum, ideal for seniors."
What reviewers dislike
- "Not a very smart navigation system. If you have closed floor plan it tends to get stuck in the another room and run out of battery before it can find the charging base. Cleans in a random pattern so it misses some spots."
- "It never finds its way home and is always getting stuck. Seems to clean well when it does vacuum. haven't used enough to know if I can recommend it."
- "Initially it seemed to help out in between vacuuming with dog hair but long term (6 months in), the rumba became very noisy and made several marks on the molding throughout our house. Please beware."
- "Now using three days a week and set up on app on phone. It never finishes a job. Never returns to home base, constantly searching for it due to dead battery."
- "It would clean some areas of our home. Others it would not. Sometimes it would just go around in circles. It would give a cliff error and there was nothing in the way."
Where to buy Roomba 695
Amazon is where you want to buy the Roomba 695. They offer the same warranty as Roomba, and, if you have a Prime membership, you also get to enjoy free shipping!
The bottom line on Roomba 695 vacuum
Roomba 695 is an ideal choice if you want an easy to use robot vacuum that can clean both hard and soft floors at an affordable price. We have scoured the internet looking for the best prices, and nobody beats Amazon, click here to get your best deal!