The Roomba 677 is a robot vacuum that excels at keeping your home clean, especially if you have pets. Although you may still have to vacuum every so often (especially if you have stairs) this vacuum substantially lightens the work load. Using your Alexa or any other Wi-Fi connected device, you can easily control or check up on your Roomba 677—a feature that isn't available in older Roomba models.
Roomba 677 overview
The iRobot Roomba 677 is a robot vacuum that can connect to Wi-Fi and your Google assistant. This robot vacuum is designed to help clean deep inside carpets and gather up pet hair. On top of the deep cleaning function the 677 comes with other features, such as:
- Dual Multi-Surface Rubber Brushes - Instantly adjust and flex to stay in constant contact with carpets and hard floors. The brushes clean great on all types of floors.
- High-Efficiency Filter - The filter catches 99% of dog and cat hair or other particles. The great filter keeps your Roomba's suction power at max power.
- Power-Lifting Suction - The 5x more powerful suction gets deep into the carpets to lift stubborn pet hair and debris.
While these features are great and powerful, the Roomba 677 isn't made for everyone. It's important to do your research to make sure a big purchase like this is exactly what you need. Continue reading to make sure this vacuum is right for you and your family.
Get Roomba 677 if...
- You have pets. - The Roomba 677 is designed to pick up pet hair deep down in carpets. The dual action brushes combined with the powerful suction pick up every last strand of pet fur, even ones ground into stubborn areas of flooring.
- Your house has a lot of walls - The 677 has smart navigation technology that can detect your walls. This keeps your Roomba on track and your walls from not being dented or scuffed.
- You want a vacuum that can get under stuff - The Roomba 677 has a low profile that allows it to easily get under furniture and appliances. A lot of dirt can accumulate under these, making it hard to reach for bulkier upright vacuums.
Skip Roomba 677 if...
- Your house is large - The Roomba 677 has a battery life of 90 minutes. This may not be enough time to clean an entire multi-room house. It's better suited for small houses and apartments.
- Your house is mostly hardwood - The Roomba 677's brushes are designed to get into carpets. They don't always perform the best on hardwood floors.
- Advanced navigation sensors
- Google Assistant and Alexa connected
- 90 minutes of battery life may not be enough for large homes
Reasons to Buy Roomba 677
- Your house has a lot of nooks and crannies - The 677 can get under your furniture and into tight spaces that traditional vacuums can't. You'd be surprised how much dirt can accumulate under your furniture.
- Your home is all one floor - The Roomba performs better when it doesn't have to compete with stairs or tight walls. The more open space the Roomba can operate in, the better.
- You house is already SMART - Since the Roomba is compatible with most SMART devices, a house that is already equipped with SMART devices makes the Roomba even more effective.
Reasons to Avoid Roomba 677
- It doesn't recharge itself - Some Roomba's, such as the Roomba s9, can recharge itself when the battery gets too low and then resume cleaning where it left off. If you have a large space that would benefit from this feature, the Roomba 677 isn't the right fit for you.
- You prefer to vacuum by hand - Not everyone likes a robot vacuum. Some people say that robot vacuums clean too randomly and miss spaces. Others say that Roomba's can't find their way back to their docking station. If you prefer a traditional vacuum experience, you might want to opt for a upright Dyson model.
What real Roomba 677 reviews say
We spent 18 hours scouring the web (reading over 253 customer reviews). Our conclusion? Roomba 677 receives high praise! Our average consolidated user rating sits around a 4.6 - 4.74 (across several hundred reviews). Roomba 677 scored higher, on average, compared to their closest competitors.
What reviewers like
- "Cleans well where it cleans. Keep away sensor works well. Love that it connects to google assistant."
- "We have 4 rescue dogs who shed like they're getting paid per hair. We have a cleaner come in 2x week, yet the fur/hair piles up to the point that it gets embarrassing...and we sweep when she's not here. I saw this at BBS and tossed it in my cart, hoping that it would cut down on the fur. WOW!!! It does."
- "Does Alfred save me HUGE amounts of time...YES. Does Alfred when run once in the morning and once in the evening get everything in the house...YES. Does Alfred transition from our hardwood to carpet easily...Yes. Will I ever go another day without a Roomba...ABSOLUTELY NOT!"
- "This machine is not perfect and does it have room for improvement...of course, BUT for what it does and for the time it saves me DAILY, it is WELL WORTH the money! SIDE NOTE...My husbands allergies are noticeably better since we got the Roomba."
- "For the money it cost and the headaches it's saved, I heartily recommend this little beast."
What reviewers dislike
- "My irobot 677 is having trouble and getting lost. It's running for over 2 hours to clean my living room, kitchen, hall and bathroom. I'm constantly having to go looking for it as it dies in various rooms."
- "Can't find dock. Stay in one room. Random pattern does not cover whole floor. Doesn't always understand google assistant. Can't command where you want it to clean like go straight or turn. Need to clean and replace filters way too often."
- "It’s ok, gets stuck on thicker carpet. Also seems to drift to one side."
- "Unable to locate dock"
- "I thought it was supposed to get smarter with time. Its suppose to go home after 90 min, but it cant seem to find home."
Where to buy Roomba 677
Amazon is where you want to buy the Roomba 677. They offer the same warranty as Roomba, and, if you have a Prime membership, you also get to enjoy free shipping!
The bottom line on Roomba 677 vacuum
Roomba 677 is an ideal choice if you want a SMART vacuum that cleans up pet hair and other particles at an amazing price. We have scoured the internet looking for the best prices, and nobody beats Amazon, click here to get your best deal!