The Roomba 670 doesn't boast all of the fanciest features available. But it still provides you with WiFi connectivity as well as Dirt Detect sensors for some added convenience. For a mid-range Roomba that doesn't cost an arm and a leg, it's a great first Roomba for people who want to dip their toes into the world of automatic vacuums.
Roomba 670 overview
The Roomba 670 is a solid mid-range vacuum that serves as a good middle ground between more expensive Roomba models and the base line. With WiFi connectivity, you can sync your vacuum with your smartphone or an Alexa-enabled device. With just the push of a button or a simple voice command, your vacuum gets to work. Other beneficial features include:
The Roomba 670 lacks some of the more advanced features you find with many modern Roombas. But while the Roomba S9+ may come with all of the bells and whistles, those features come at a price. The 670 is a great entry-level Roomba that cleans rooms efficiently without a ton of extras.
Get Roomba 670 if...
- You hate cleaning. The Roomba 670 runs for 90 minutes at a time. If you run it a couple days out of the week, then it should be able to adequately clean every inch of an apartment or small house.
- You're on a budget. The Roomba 670 costs less than some upright vacuums. And you don't have to go through the trouble of cleaning your house on your own.
- You want smartphone capabilities. Many people love their smart homes. Now you can control the vacuum from your phone, too. You can adjust the schedule from anywhere. And your Roomba can even operate while you're away so that the noise doesn't bother you.
Skip Roomba 670 if...
- You need special features. While the Roomba 670 can pick up pet fur, it doesn't eliminate allergens as well as other models. For example, the Roomba E6 comes with a specialized filter designed to remove allergens from your home, allowing you to breathe more easily.
- You want to create your own paths. Some Roombas come with smart mapping. They allow you to create a path for the vacuum to take so that it doesn't bump into anything. The Roomba 670 isn't quite that advanced.
- Google Assistant and Amazon Alexa support
- Automatic docking and recharging
- Lacks more advanced filters
- Lacks advanced navigation features
Reasons to Buy Roomba 670
- You have carpet. The Roomba 670 comes with a powerful-enough brush to remove debris from carpet fibers. And it can move back and forth from carpet and hardwood with ease if you have multiple types of flooring.
- You already have other smart devices. When you already have Alexa set up in your home, it just makes sense to get a vacuum that's compatible with it. Your Roomba comes with instructions on how to set it up so that you can tell it when you need it to clean.
- Your house gets dirty often. When you have children or pets running about, you need to clean your house more regularly. Instead of taking out an upright vacuum, you can let the Roomba 670 take care of the heavy lifting.
Reasons to Avoid Roomba 670
- You want greater convenience. More advanced Roombas are available. For instance, the Roomba S9+ comes with automatic dirt removal where the vacuum disposes of debris inside the docking station. It's a more high-end model, and it can do a lot more than what you find with the 670.
- You have stairs. The Roomba 670 is great, but it can only handle one floor of a home at a time. A cordless vacuum may be more prudent if you have a larger house to clean and have the time to do so.
What real Roomba 670 reviews say
We spent 18 hours scouring the web (reading over 253 customer reviews). Our conclusion? Roomba 670 receives high praise! Our average consolidated user rating sits around a 4.6 - 4.74 (across several hundred reviews). Roomba 670 scored higher, on average, compared to their closest competitors.
What reviewers like
- "This is a great tool for those [in between] deep cleaning vacuuming. Use it every other day because we have two pugs who shed."
- "I have 2 cats and [it's excellent] for cleaning dust and hair."
- "Had this a year now. Would buy again. Still impressed how well it works."
- "It runs for over an hour and get the whole house. Under the beds is the best. I can’t believe I waited so long to get one."
- "I like that I can start it from the app on my phone and I can also set up a schedule for it to start on its own."
What reviewers dislike
- "It doesn’t get between my kitchen stool legs and under my couch but it goes from carpet to tile including throw rugs."
- "Navigation is fairly hit-or-miss. This 'bot doesn't construct an internal map of your place, but instead relies on a reactive navigational system; that is, if it bumps into something or senses objects nearby, it'll turn."
- "Its dirt chamber is pretty low-capacity. You'll need to empty it every time you use it [pretty much], which is a messy affair."
- "It's abysmal at finding its dock from farther than a few feet away."
- "It's ok for open spaces, but not for under furniture with legs, it just goes in circles when it touches the leg of a chair or table."
Where to buy Roomba 670
You can have your first foray into iRobot products on Amazon. The site has the Roomba 670 for sale at the best price around. Plus, it qualifies for fast, free shipping.
The bottom line on Roomba 670 vacuum
Roomba 670 is an ideal choice if you want adequate suction with WiFi capabilities at an affordable price.
We have scoured the internet looking for the best prices, and nobody beats Amazon, click here to get your best deal!