The Roomba 655 uses iRobot's patented 3-stage cleaning system. It also has a NiCad XLife battery, which allows it to clean 4 to 5 rooms on a single charge. While it's lacking advanced WiFi capabilities, it's a solid entry-level Roomba for people who don't want to spend a lot of money.
Roomba 655 overview
There's a lot the Roomba 655 has to offer. For starters, it has one of the most unique designs out of any Roomba vacuum. It immediately catches your eye. And once you see its suction power and other features in action, you see why it's still sought after.
- Virtual wall compatibility
Many Roomba vacuums in the 600 series lack smartphone compatibility. With models like the Roomba 985, you can sync the device with your phone. You can schedule when you want the Roomba to run and keep tabs on any issues as they arise. But if you don't mind a more primitive Roomba (at a reduced price), then the 655 may be what you're looking for.
Get Roomba 655 if...
- You want a straightforward set-up. The Roomba 655 is easy to take out of the box and get moving. You're given a user's manual. And with a few button presses, it starts cleaning your house in no time. There's nothing to do with your smartphone.
- You need extra supplies. The Roomba 655 comes with an edge-sweeper brush, beater brush, and bristle brush all in the package. You also receive 2 cleaning tools and a virtual wall that keeps your Roomba in the area you want it. It's a great way to get you started and do a little customization.
- You want something pet-friendly. This Roomba is specially designed with a 3-stage cleaning system that's able to keep carpet, laminate, tile, and so much more spotless.
Skip Roomba 655 if...
- You like having a smart home. So many devices can now sync with your smartphone and Amazon Alexa devices. With a simple voice command, you can have the Roomba S9+ running in no time. The 655 doesn't have such advanced features.
- You want stronger AI. The Roomba 655 moves in a random pattern across your floor. Other models allow you to create a specialized map. This might mean that not every inch of the floor gets cleaned.
- Auto docking and recharging
Reasons to Buy Roomba 655
- You need to move your Roomba. Some people manually lift their Roomba from one area to the next to have it clean an entire house with steps. This is preferable if the vacuum is a lighter weight. The Roomba 655 weighs less than 8 pounds while other models weight closer to 15.
- You want a long Roomba life. The NiCad XLife battery located in the Roomba 655 lasts a longer time than comparable models. You don't have to worry about getting another one any time soon.
- You want it to clean while you're gone. Roombas can be noisy. But with the scheduling feature on the 655, you can have it run when you're away. That way you return home to a clean house.
Reasons to Avoid Roomba 655
- You want to protect furniture. The Roomba 655 does come with bumper to lessen the impact. But since it does have a weak AI, the 655 tends to bump into furniture a lot.
- You don't want to empty the dustbin so often. The Roomba 655 comes with a smaller dustbin compared with other models. For the ultimate in convenience, you may want to look into the Roomba S9+, which empties itself into the home station. So it can go on more trips without you needing to do as much.
What real Roomba 655 reviews say
We spent 18 hours scouring the web (reading over 253 customer reviews). Our conclusion? Roomba 655 receives high praise! Our average consolidated user rating sits around a 4.6 - 4.74 (across several hundred reviews). Roomba 655 scored higher, on average, compared to their closest competitors.
What reviewers like
- "She powered through the house and when we put her away for the night I was amazed at all of the stuff in her trash tray... very pleased."
- "Once a week I move the small furniture away from the wall so that it can clean behind and under them properly. Overall a good value for money!"
- "[It's] amazing how much dirt and hair this thing picks up."
- "We've gone from sweeping every day to only once a week. It does a pretty good job picking up the dog hair around the house."
- "We run it at noon every day and haven't had a single issue. Even comes with a brush to clean all the pieces from hair and what not."
What reviewers dislike
- "Make sure you monitor him the first week of cleaning so that you can identify any dead spots."
- "Some times it will spend the entire cleaning cycle on a single room and other times it will cover the whole house."
- "The roomba will not go on my shag rug."
- "It's not [the quietest] robot ever but [with] turning the tv up I can live with it."
- "The only [drawback] is it tends to to get stuck on opening that are slightly bigger than [itself]."
Where to buy Roomba 655
The Roomba 655 is available from various retailers. For a similar model you can get for a great price on Amazon, you should look into the Roomba 650. It doesn't come with as many features as the 655, but it's similar in many ways.
The bottom line on Roomba 655 vacuum
Roomba 655 is an ideal choice if you want a vacuum with an exceptional battery life at a decent price.
We have scoured the internet looking for the best prices, and nobody beats Amazon, click here to get your best deal!