The Roomba 645 combines powerful suction with a set of high-quality brushes to pick up every piece of debris in a room, big or small. While it doesn't come with higher-tech features such as mapping or on-board scheduling like other Roomba models, it's much more affordable and easier to set up.
Roomba 645 overview
The Roomba 645 is an ingenuous robot vacuum designed to thoroughly clean any space it's placed in. It comes with iRobot's patented 3-stage cleaning system designed to loosen, lift, and suck any debris in its path. It also comes with an array of other features to benefit you in your quest for a clean home, including:
- iAdapt navigation with cliff detect sensors
- Automatic docking and recharging
It's a relatively standard model among Roomba vacuums. It doesn't come with as many perks as you get with something like the Roomba 980. For instance, the 645 can't sync with your smartphone to preschedule cleaning. However, when you just want to clean up around the house with minimal labor on your end, it gets the job done and then some.
Get Roomba 645 if...
- You detest cleaning. Having to take out your vacuum all the time can be a hassle, especially if you have pets or kids that make messes often. With the Roomba 645, you simply press the "Clean" button, and it does all the work. It even returns to its home base on its own, so you can relax.
- You need attention in certain areas. The Roomba 645 boasts dirt detect sensors. It knows which areas of a room require greater cleaning. And it stays in those areas until the job is complete.
- You want to clean under furniture. At just 3.6 inches in height, the Roomba 645 can get under chairs and tables that may be difficult for you to reach on your own.
Skip Roomba 645 if...
- You want special features. This vacuum can't connect with smartphones. And it's not compatible with Google Assistant and Amazon Alexa for voice commands. Something like the Roomba i7 would be preferable for all of that.
- You need a preschedule option. To activate the 645, you need to press a button. There's no way to set a schedule, which would allow you to run the Roomba when you're away from home. You have to be there for the Roomba to operate.
- Intelligent sensors to avoid obstacles
- Large dust container that's easy to empty
- Includes a virtual wall to keep it out of certain areas
- Side brushes to clean along walls
- Comes with cleaning accessories to maintain brushes
- No scheduling capabilities
Reasons to Buy Roomba 645
- You have carpeting. The Roomba 645 is capable of running across any surface. And even does a great job on carpet thanks to AeroVac tech. It has more powerful suction to get deep into carpet's fibers so that nothing is left on the floor.
- You have pets. The powerful suction is even great against pet fur. Households with shedding pets need to clean more often to prevent unsightly build-ups. You can run the Roomba 645 every day to keep pet fur at bay.
- You have obstacles around a room. The Roomba 645 uses sensors to detect when something is in its path or when it's approaching a drop. As a result, you don't have to worry about the 645 bumping into things all the time or accidentally damaging itself by going over the edge.
Reasons to Avoid Roomba 645
- You have a large home. The Roomba 645 can last for about 60 minutes on a full charge. That may not be enough time to adequately cover an entire house, especially if you live somewhere over 1,000 square feet.
- You have back problems. There's no remote control for the Roomba 645. You have to bend over every time to start it. This may not be ideal for certain individuals with a history of back pain.
What real Roomba 645 reviews say
We spent 18 hours scouring the web (reading over 253 customer reviews). Our conclusion? Roomba 645 receives high praise! Our average consolidated user rating sits around a 4.6 - 4.74 (across several hundred reviews). Roomba 645 scored higher, on average, compared to their closest competitors.
What reviewers like
- "I have hardwood floors with area rugs and this machine makes the transition with no problems . It has relieved me of the chore I always dread!"
- "We have dogs and kids and I love the fact that it helps keep the floors clean while I work. Does well even with furniture, chairs, etc. doing a decent job of going around and under."
- "This roomba does a very good job picking up debris from my floor."
- "We have three dogs and two cats and the Roomba not only picks up all of the fur/hair it can get to, but it keeps our home from smelling like a doghouse."
- "I would say it is the best thing I have ever bought as far as the helpfulness to me. I can not bend over to clean under the beds or sofas. It is little miracle worker and I love it. Exceeds all expectations."
What reviewers dislike
- "I discovered that it is not programmable to set it to run automatically like other models."
- "Can be a pain to remove all the dirt and empty the vacuum but it beats pushing the vacuum."
- "Love this but it needs to be plugged in where it won’t get bumped."
- "Spend a little extra and get the one that maps your rooms. Sometimes I feel I could vacuum or sweep faster."
- "There are a few areas where it gets caught. Under some built in cabinets where the space is not quite high enough, it wedges itself under."
Where to buy Roomba 645
The Roomba 645 is available from select retailers. For a similar model available for a great price on Amazon, look for the Roomba 650. It does many of the same things as the 645, but it comes with on-board scheduling. You can purchase it with free shipping from Amazon, and with Prime, it arrives on your doorstep in a matter of days.
The bottom line on Roomba 645 vacuum
Roomba 645 is an ideal choice if you want a vacuum with outstanding suction at a reasonable price.
We have scoured the internet looking for the best prices, and nobody beats Amazon, click here to get your best deal!