The Roomba 630 comes with tried-and-true iRobot features, such as iAdapt navigation and dirt detect sensors to locate particularly dirty areas. It isn't WiFi compatible like with some of the higher-end models. But for a more affordable Roomba, the 630 is an excellent pick.
Roomba 630 overview
The Roomba 630 is a high-quality robot vacuum that's far more affordable than some of the top-of-the-line models. It's great for getting pet hair off the floor, even when it's stuck in corners. This vacuum comes with 2 rotating brushes as well as an edge-sweeping side brush to pick up fur alongside walls and in corners. Other features that make this robot stand out include:
- iAdapt navigation with a full suite of sensors
- 3-stage cleaning system to work on any type of flooring
- Auto-adjust cleaning head to alter its height as it goes from one flooring to the next
The Roomba 630 shows its age in several ways. It's not compatible with WiFi, so you can't sync it with your smartphone or Amazon Alexa device. But for people who just want to get their house a little cleaner without dealing with any technical aspects, it comes with all the power you expect out of iRobot.
Get Roomba 630 if...
- You need help with regular cleanings. You may already have an upright vacuum and just need a little assistance throughout the week. The Roomba 630 is capable of picking up dust, fur, and other debris so that dust bunnies don't accumulate around your home.
- You want to clean in hard-to-reach places. It can be hard to clean under couches and coffee tables. You need to move the furniture before you can get to work. Fortunately, the Roomba 630 only measures 3.6 inches in height. It can get in all of the places inaccessible to you.
- You like saving money. The Roomba 630 doesn't come with all of the bells and whistles you get with contemporary robot vacuums. However, it's also a fraction of the price compared to those high-tech models.
Skip Roomba 630 if...
- You want voice commands. One great feature of modern Roombas, such as the i7, is that you can sync it with Google Assistant or Alexa. Instead of bending down to press a button, you can simply say you want your Roomba to start working.
- You want to set a schedule. With WiFi compatibility, newer vacuums can connect with your smartphone. You can set a schedule, and your Roomba runs any time, even if you're away. The Roomba 630 doesn't come with this, so you need to be present to press the "Clean" button any time you want a vacuum job done.
- Series I Dirt Detect sensors
- Virtual wall comes included
- Wall-following technology
Reasons to Buy Roomba 630
- Your pets shed a lot. When you have particularly fuzzy pets, you need to clean up after them often. Having the Roomba 630 clean every other day goes a long way in keeping your house clean. The side brush picks up hair that gets stuck along the walls or in corners.
- You have several types of flooring. Some houses contain a mixture of tile, laminate, and carpet. If that describes your situation, then you can benefit immensely from the Roomba 630. The auto-adjust head allows it to adapt as it goes from one room to the next, cleaning every surface with ease.
- You want to keep it out of certain areas. Your purchase comes with one virtual wall. You can set this up if you want the Roomba to stay out of a given room, such as a bedroom. It's great to set up in a room with a lot of wires on the floor because the Roomba 630 can get tangled in those.
Reasons to Avoid Roomba 630
- You have a large area that needs cleaning daily. The 630 is best-suited for apartments and smaller houses. It has about 60 minutes of runtime on one charge. It does dock automatically when it needs more power, but it may not be enough to cover spaces over 1,000 square feet.
- You have issues bending over. You get the 630 going by pressing the "Clean" button. But for some people, all that bending may not be ideal. Individuals with sensitive backs or disabilities limiting their mobility may want to get a Roomba that comes with a remote control.
What real Roomba 630 reviews say
We spent 18 hours scouring the web (reading over 253 customer reviews). Our conclusion? Roomba 630 receives high praise! Our average consolidated user rating sits around a 4.6 - 4.74 (across several hundred reviews). Roomba 630 scored higher, on average, compared to their closest competitors.
What reviewers like
- "Picks up pet hair! Woot. This thing really does work. Let it charge in its dock before you run it and the quick start guide tells you everything you need to know."
- "For anyone with pets, the 630 and 650 models are a must if you prefer not to have to haul out the vacuum every week."
- "We have had our roomba almost 2 years now and it is still running great!"
- "Does a great job on my vinyl floors as well. It is also much quieter than a normal [vacuum]."
- "Our home is a combination of hardwood, tile, and area rugs and the Roomba does an equally good job on all surfaces."
What reviewers dislike
- "The only downside I've found is that occasionally the roomba gets stuck in a corner and needs help getting out. No big deal."
- "Gets caught on throw rugs, takes some time to fully charge, runs into furniture."
- "I've seen it get stuck in a corner for ages because it rotates either too far or not enough and cannot extricate itself. Upon hitting the wall again, it rotates back to the corner! I've seen similar behavior when it's navigating chair legs."
- "The only issue I have with it is that I have to clean the brushes after each cycle."
- "It drives around in no organized fashion. It can be quite frustrating to watch but it cleans the carpet and hard floor pretty well."
Where to buy Roomba 630
Amazon has the Roomba 630 available for the best price out of anywhere. It comes with free shipping, and Amazon does a great job of sending products out in a timely fashion. Amazon also makes it easy to compare, so you can weigh the pros and cons of the Roomba 630 in relation to other Roomba models.
The bottom line on Roomba 630 vacuum
Roomba 630 is an ideal choice if you want a vacuum with a full set of sensors at an reasonable price.
We have scoured the internet looking for the best prices, and nobody beats Amazon, click here to get your best deal!