The Roomba 614 is a baseline model, but it still comes with plenty of perks. It comes with iRobot's famous 3-Stage cleaning system as well as Dirt Detect sensors to pick up large quantities of debris. Newer models come with more advanced features, but those vacuums can't beat the 614's price.
Roomba 614 overview
The Roomba 614 is a popular model both for its relatively low price and advanced features. It's a great vacuum for carpet and hard floors as it uses a 3-Stage cleaning system to loosen, lift, and suck a variety of debris. Other features to help keep your house pristine include:
- Dual multi-surface brushes
- Auto-adjust cleaning head
One drawback is that the Roomba 614 doesn't come with a scheduling feature. You have to manually start it when you want it to clean your home. You can program some models, such as the Roomba 891, from your phone so that it runs any time during the day, even if you're away. But as long as you don't mind a little work, the 614 makes for an excellent entry-level vacuum.
Get Roomba 614 if...
- You're a busy person. After a long day at work, you may not have the energy to vacuum the house. Pet fur and dirt can build up quickly, so it's a task that needs to get done. Luckily, you can relax on the couch while the Roomba 614 does all the work.
- You have minimal storage. You may not have the closet space for an upright vacuum. Instead of cramming one somewhere, you can let your Roomba do most of the heavy lifting.
- You want to clean everywhere. The Roomba 614 is only 3.6 inches tall. This makes it short enough to get under coffee tables and couches. It picks up pet fur in areas you may not have thought about for a more thorough cleaning.
Skip Roomba 614 if...
- You need more features. More advanced Roomba models connect with your smartphone. Others allow you to program special maps for the robot to follow. The 614 doesn't come with any of that.
- You require greater air filtration. If you have particularly sensitive sinuses, then it's a good idea to get a vacuum with a high-quality filter. A HEPA filter would be preferable. The 614 comes with a more standard filter that doesn't capture as many contaminants as other models.
- Smart sensors that make 60 decisions a second
- Edge-sweeping brush placed at a 27-degree angle
- No programmable scheduling
- No indicator to show the bin is full
Reasons to Buy Roomba 614
- You don't want to break the bank. The Roomba 614 is an inexpensive model. While something like the Roomba 980 comes with more features, it's also a lot more expensive. The 614 is a great choice for anyone wanting a cleaner home without spending a lot of money.
- You have pets. With the dual multi-surface brushes as well as an edge-sweeping brush to pick up anything along your home's walls, every last bit of pet fur is picked up. You just need to empty the bin after a long job.
- You have different floorings. The auto-adjust cleaning head instantly adjusts the height to keep the brushes close to the floor. The Roomba can go from tile to carpet without missing a beat.
Reasons to Avoid Roomba 614
- You want it to vacuum while you're away. Many people choose to run their Roombas while they're at work. It allows them to get a clean house without dealing with the noise. Since the 614 needs to start manually, you have to be there for it to run.
- You need virtual walls. With virtual walls, you can keep your Roomba out of certain areas of the house. When the 614 turns on, it simply goes around your home in a random pattern, going anywhere it can.
What real Roomba 614 reviews say
We spent 18 hours scouring the web (reading over 253 customer reviews). Our conclusion? Roomba 614 receives high praise! Our average consolidated user rating sits around a 4.6 - 4.74 (across several hundred reviews). Roomba 614 scored higher, on average, compared to their closest competitors.
What reviewers like
- "The Roomba 614 does a better job cleaning up than my upright vac."
- "Did a good job of concentrating on problem areas in a higher traffic room."
- "We were shocked at how much the unit picked up in such a short amount of time when our house appeared so clean."
- "For a $250 robot vacuum she cleans well."
- "The filter and dust collection bin has also been redesigned and it works great."
What reviewers dislike
- "If you have pets that shed a lot, you may want to consider a higher model to really get all the hair, and so the dust bin doesn't fill up too fast."
- "It was a little louder than other robot vacuums."
- "This model doesn’t have “scheduled” cleaning or WiFi, but for the savings, I’m more than happy to push the button and walk away!"
- "It sometimes gets stuck under a small space, so it's better to be around when it's on. Sometimes it needs guidance."
- "It had a tendency to get wedged under the back of my recliner until I started blocking that off before I left. It has run out of battery in various other spots."
Where to buy Roomba 614
The best price for the Roomba 614 can be found on Amazon. You can also go to Amazon to purchase additional accessories for your vacuum, such as a replenishment kit. You also qualify for free shipping on your purchase.
The bottom line on Roomba 614 vacuum
Roomba 614 is an ideal choice if you want iRobot's patented technology at an affordable price.
We have scoured the internet looking for the best prices, and nobody beats Amazon, click here to get your best deal!