There aren't many frills with the Roomba 600. But it still makes for a great automatic vacuum that comes with iRobot's patented 3-stage cleaning system to thoroughly clean any home. It's an older Roomba model, but if you're looking for an entry-level stepping stone into the world of robot vacuums, the Roomba 600 is worth considering.
Roomba 600 overview
The Roomba 600 is a standard robot vacuum that still manages to impress. First and foremost, this vacuum cleans many different types of homes with you barely having to do anything. All you have to do is press the "Clean" button, and the Roomba gets to work. Other features include:
It's worth noting that the Roomba 600 is a straightforward device—it doesn't feature any of the new tech you find in more advanced Roomba models. However, this may not be a downside if you're just looking for a vacuum to clean your home with little involvement on your part.
Get Roomba 600 if...
- You don't like cleaning. The Roomba 600 comes with schedule setting features so that it runs up to 7 times a week. It keeps your floors clean so that you don't have to do anything when you come home from work.
- Your home has highly concentrated dirty areas. With dirt detect sensors, the Roomba 600 knows which areas of your home need the most attention. It stays in one area until it's spotless, which makes it great for getting rid of dirt in front of the door.
- You don't want to hear the vacuum. With the schedule, you can run the Roomba when no one is home. The Roomba 600 is about as loud as any other vacuum, but with preset capabilities, you can run it without a second thought.
Skip Roomba 600 if...
- You want special features. The Roomba 600 can't connect with your smartphone or Amazon Alexa device. The Roomba 980 is a more recent model that comes with more advanced features if you want the ultimate in convenience.
- You have a big space to vacuum. The Roomba 600 runs on battery power. It takes 3 to 4 hours to charge. And then it runs for 60 minutes. It's good for apartments and smaller houses but not for larger homes.
- You need the best filters. The Roomba 600 comes with a high-efficiency filter, which is still perfectly capable of cleaning your home's air. But more recent Roombas come with HEPA filters, which can capture particles as small as 0.3 microns.
Reasons to Buy Roomba 600
- You have pets. The Roomba 600 is great for pet owners, especially if your furry friend sheds a lot. Without a Roomba, you may need to vacuum multiple times a week. Or you can run the Roomba every other day to pick up clumps of fur.
- You have kids. Children make messes. It's another situation where you may find yourself taking out the upright vacuum multiple times weekly. Or you can press the "Clean" button on the Roomba 600 and let it take care of the hard work for you.
- You have different types of flooring. The Roomba 600 can move from one type of flooring to the next with no problems. It's great for tile, laminate, hardwood, and carpeting.
Reasons to Avoid Roomba 600
- Your house has stairs. The Roomba 600 is no match for a step. It can only clean one level of your home, which may not be a problem if you live in an apartment or small home.
- You want to control from your phone. More advanced Roomba, such as the S9+, allow you to start and set a schedule for your vacuum from your phone. You can be at work and have your Roomba run when you're miles away.
What real Roomba 600 reviews say
We spent 18 hours scouring the web (reading over 253 customer reviews). Our conclusion? Roomba 600 receives high praise! Our average consolidated user rating sits around a 4.6 - 4.74 (across several hundred reviews). Roomba 600 scored higher, on average, compared to their closest competitors.
What reviewers like
- "This 600 series is much better value for money if you are price sensitive."
- "Battery life is almost the same as the 900 series."
- "Suction is great, performance is great. Comparable to the 800 and 900 series. I didn't notice any difference."
- "Used on carpet and lino. Cleans even better than I had imagined. Just make sure nothing is on the floor."
- "Now I have a robot what cleans the whole house and could not live without it."
What reviewers dislike
- "Basic sensor array with no camera."
- "Uses a different dustbin configuration, and a different filter ... making it a bit complicated if you own different lines of roombas when refilling."
- "Doesn't have the Aeroforce design of the 800 and 900 lines. While not really a big deal, you do have to detangle the brushes...I never have to detangle the Aeroforce brushes."
- "I wouldn't want to run this lil' guy when I'm home due to the noise."
- "Not always predictable what's covered and not (especially on carpet)."
Where to buy Roomba 600
You can find the Roomba 600 from various retailers. However, there are many models in the Roomba 600 series available on Amazon, including the Roomba 690. This version comes with a few extra features. And when you buy it off Amazon, you get free shipping.
The bottom line on Roomba 600
Roomba 600 is an ideal choice if you want solid vacuuming performance at a good price.
We have scoured the internet looking for the best prices, and nobody beats Amazon, click here to get your best deal!