The Roomba E6 6198 is a great mid-level vacuum that has plenty of perks for homeowners. It connects with smartphones and other smart devices with ease. The design may leave something to be desired. But if you don't care about looks, this may be the Roomba for you.
Roomba E6 6198 overview
The Roomba E6 6198 is designed to catch the dirt you don't see. It comes with power-lifting suction that's capable of capturing 5 times the amount of debris as the Roomba 600 series. But there are plenty of other features that back this power up to make this a sucking machine. Those features include:
The runtime on the E6 6198 is a bit lower than other models. This Roomba gives you 90 minutes of runtime on a single charge while the Roomba 980 gives you 2 hours. But for great power at a reasonable price, the E6 6198 is worth considering.
Get Roomba E6 6198 if...
- You want to protect furniture. This vacuum comes with soft bumpers. So when it does hit other objects in a room, it doesn't damage them. It also comes with smart sensors that make up to 60 decisions per second. This allows it to target particularly dirty areas around your home.
- You love technology. The Roomba E6 6198 comes with WiFi connectivity. You can sync it with Google Assistant or Amazon's Alexa and get it moving with a voice command. You can also set up a schedule via your smartphone.
- You want it clean everywhere. The robot is 3.6 inches in height. This allows it to get under furniture for a more thorough cleaning. It's great for households with pets where fur can get anywhere.
Skip Roomba E6 6198 if...
- You have a large house. Depending on the size of your home, 90 minutes may not be enough. Other Roombas run for 2 hours before they need to recharge.
- You want more features. Other Roombas, like the 980, come with an in-navigation camera. This allows it to move more effortlessly around your home without bumping into things as much.
- Connectivity with the iRobot HOME app
- Less sophisticated design
Reasons to Buy Roomba E6 6198
- You have animals. A lot of pets tend to shed, particularly around the spring and fall. During these times, you want a powerful vacuum that runs every day. And that's precisely what the Roomba E6 6198 with its rubber brushes can do.
- You have drop-off areas. This Roomba boasts Cliff Detect sensors. It knows when a drop is imminent and changes course. Even if your house has just one step to traverse, this Roomba knows how to find it.
- You want your vacuum to clean while you're away. A lot of people just want to come home from work to a clean home. With the iRobot app, you can set up a schedule that works for you. Your Roomba can clean while you're gone, and you even receive alerts, such as if your vacuum gets trapped somewhere.
Reasons to Avoid Roomba E6 6198
- You don't want to buy extra accessories. You can't clean this Roomba's filter. You get 2 with your purchase, and you need to swap them out about once every 2 months. So you're going to need to buy extras to keep this vacuum viable.
- You want something more modern. The Roomba E6 6198 shows its age. It's definitely a few years old. If you want something that goes with a modern aesthetic, then you may want something like the Roomba S9+.
What real Roomba E6 6198 reviews say
We spent 18 hours scouring the web (reading over 253 customer reviews). Our conclusion? Roomba E6 6198 receives high praise! Our average consolidated user rating sits around a 4.6 - 4.74 (across several hundred reviews). Roomba E6 6198 scored higher, on average, compared to their closest competitors.
What reviewers like
- "Our little robot amazingly thorough at cleaning, particularly in corners, under furniture, pet dander, etc."
- "The rubber bristles/rotating thingies are amazing and never get clogged!"
- "With this, I run it every evening when I get home from work, and my place looks a million times better."
- "We currently have 4 animal babies and my rocken roomba keeps the hair dust bunnies to a minimal amount!"
- "Best for cleaning under the bed."
What reviewers dislike
- "A little loud but works great on hardwoods and carpet."
- "The only downside is that it is pretty noisy."
- "It skips a lot of area and goes over same areas over and over. I have to actually stop it pick it up and move it to get other areas of house."
- "The cleaning is thorough but the battery run time is too short."
- "Sometimes misses spots, but overall it cleans well."
Where to buy Roomba E6 6198
The Roomba E6 6198 is available from various marketplaces. But you can find various other great Roomba models on Amazon, which often has the best prices around. The Roomba E5 is a comparable model that has many of the same features and doesn't break the bank as far as price.
The bottom line on Roomba E6 6198 vacuum
Roomba E6 6198 is an ideal choice if you want high-quality sensors and WiFi connectivity at a manageable price.
We have scoured the internet looking for the best prices, and nobody beats Amazon, click here to get your best deal!