The Roomba 635 thoroughly cleans floors with the push of a button. The auto-adjust cleaning head allows it to glide across virtually any surface. And cliff detect sensors prevent it from falling and damaging itself. For a no-frills vacuum that still gets the job done, the Roomba 635 is a great entry-level model into the iRobot series.
Roomba 635 overview
The Roomba 635 is ideal for any floor type. It collects debris of any size through its 3-stage cleaning system that comes complete with a large inlet, edge-sweeping brush, and 2 primary brushes. But the array of features doesn't end there.
- Auto-adjust cleaning head
The Roomba 635 isn't the most technologically-advanced Roomba available. Other models, like the Roomba 980, can sync with your smartphone, allowing you to alter the schedule from anywhere. Tech-savvy individuals may be interested in certain features. But if all you need is something to clean your house several times a week, then the Roomba 635 gets the job done.
Get Roomba 635 if...
- You want simple controls. The Roomba 635 comes with 3 buttons on top: Clean, Spot, and Dock. You press "Clean" when you want the Roomba to move randomly around the room. Hit "Spot" when you want the vacuum to do a spot clean job in a single area. And when you're ready for the Roomba to return home, you press "Dock."
- You need a vacuum that goes everywhere. The 635 features a full suite of intelligent sensors, allowing it to move around furniture with ease. And at 3.6 inches in height, it can crawl under furniture to pick up debris you would miss otherwise.
- You don't need more tech. Some Roombas require you to get Google Assistant to get the most out of the vacuum. Before you know it, you've spent a ton of money in items that don't even clean your house. When you just want a simple vacuum that cleans for you, the Roomba 635 is perfect.
Skip Roomba 635 if...
- You want to clean your car, too. Upright vacuums typically come with a feature that allows you to clean hard-to-reach areas. You can also generally bring them to your vehicle for a thorough cleaning there. If you get a Roomba, then you're probably going to need an additional vacuum as well.
- You need to clean multiple stories of your house. The Roomba 635 is great for cleaning one floor. And it comes with cliff detect sensors to prevent it from falling. But you're either going to need 2 Roombas or an upright vacuum if you live in a 2-story home.
- Automatic docking and recharging
- Includes an extra AeroVac filter
Reasons to Buy Roomba 635
- You have a combination of flooring. Some households have a mixture of laminate, tile, and carpet. The Roomba 635 is suitable for all of these flooring types. And with the auto-adjust head, it gets as close as possible to the floor for a more thorough cleaning.
- You can't keep up with your pet. Some dogs and cats shed frequently. Vacuuming once a week may not be enough to get your house under control. With the Roomba 635, you can clean around your house every day without actually having to do the chore.
- You don't have time to vacuum. Between work and family, you may not have spare time to clean up around the house. You can benefit from all the help you can get. With just a press of a button, the Roomba 635 cleans around the house while you relax.
Reasons to Avoid Roomba 635
- You want cleaner air. The Roomba 635 comes with a high-efficiency AeroVac filter. It's perfectly fine, but it doesn't filter air as well as HEPA filters, which come with more advanced Roombas. HEPA filters capture particles as small as 0.3 microns. Anyone with particularly sensitive sinuses may do better with something like the Roomba 980.
- You have back pain. The only way to start the Roomba 635 is by bending down and pressing a button. This can get cumbersome for individuals with back sensitivity. You either need someone to operate the Roomba for you, or you need to buy one that comes with a remote control.
What real Roomba 635 reviews say
We spent 18 hours scouring the web (reading over 253 customer reviews). Our conclusion? Roomba 635 receives high praise! Our average consolidated user rating sits around a 4.6 - 4.74 (across several hundred reviews). Roomba 635 scored higher, on average, compared to their closest competitors.
What reviewers like
- "It does an excellent job of picking up and keeping my floors looking good. I would definitely buy again!"
- "Best thing I've ever purchased!!! We have two dogs and two cats so was very hard to keep up with all the hair with my regular vac."
- "I like this basic roomba. I would never pay more for one with all the bells and whistles simply because the others clean no better than this basic one."
- "These are amazing machines that give you extra free time and at the price of this one it doesn't hurt to try one."
- "As a busy mom of 3 and two animals, I practically live with a broom or vacuum in my hand. After purchasing this a week ago I haven't touched a broom once!"
What reviewers dislike
- "This thing is like a toddler. I am constantly having to run after it making sure it [isn't] sucking up anything bad, move it from getting stuck on our stairs, and making sure it is not stuck in the bathroom or pantry."
- "It's hard to know if it gets every area. It doesn't every time. The hair does seem to get caught up on the ends of the brush spool, so that you have to cut it off."
- "My only hope is that down the line they can make a version that will have an even lower profile to get under the two hutches I have."
- "The Roomba 635 does not come with a wall barrier. Wish the filters were washable."
- "I do take the brushes off (easy removal) and clean out excess fur just about every other vacuum."
Where to buy Roomba 635
The Roomba 635 is available from various retailers online. For a similar model you can buy at a great price on Amazon, check out the Roomba 614. It's a similar basic model that doesn't come with any frills, but you can get it with free shipping from Amazon.
The bottom line on Roomba 635 vacuum
Roomba 635 is an ideal choice if you want precise, thorough cleaning at a fantastic price.
We have scoured the internet looking for the best prices, and nobody beats Amazon, click here to get your best deal!