The Roomba 618 doesn't come with a lot of intricate features as the newer Roomba s series. However, it does include an XLife extended battery to clean a decently-sized area all in one go without issue. If you're looking for a budget-friendly introduction into the world of robotic vacuums, the Roomba 618 is definitely worth considering.
Roomba 618 overview
The Roomba 618 is designed to be a straightforward, affordable robot vacuum. It doesn't come with a lot of flashy features you find in modern models. But you still get up to 90 minutes of runtime on a single charge. Other features found in this vacuum include:
- Auto-adjust cleaning head
- Automatic docking and self-charging
The Roomba 618 isn't WiFi compatible, nor can you control it with the Roomba app. But if that isn't something that interests you or you're not particularly tech savvy, then there's a lot to gain from the 618.
Get Roomba 618 if...
- You're on a budget. The Roomba 618 is a bit older. But what it lacks in features it more than makes up for with a quality price point that doesn't break the bank.
- You live somewhere small. On a full charge, the Roomba 618 runs for 90 minutes. That's enough time to cover about 900 square feet. You just need to run it a few times a week to keep your home looking spotless.
- You want simplicity. The Roomba 618 is easy to take out of the box and get going. There aren't many fancy features to learn, and you don't have to connect the Roomba to your home's WiFi.
Skip Roomba 618 if...
- You want to program a schedule. To activate the Roomba 618, you press the "Clean" button. There's no way to program it so that it cleans at the same time every day. For that, you need something like the Roomba 650.
- You want rubber extractors. Rubber brushes, such as those found on the Roomba 890, are much easier to maintain than the bristled brush rollers on the 618. Pet fur and hair can get tangled if there's a lot to pick up.
- Dual multi-surface brushes
Reasons to Buy Roomba 618
- Your home has hardwood and carpet. The auto-adjust head on the Roomba 618 alters the vacuum's height based on the floor it's on. Therefore, it goes from one to the next without issue. It's recommended to use the robot on short and medium pile carpet for best results.
- You have a pet. Having a shedding pet can cause real hassle. If you run the Roomba 618 every day, it should be able to keep up. It comes with a decent-sized bin you should empty regularly to ensure best performance.
- You need it to clean under furniture. The Roomba 618 measures 3.6 inches in height. This makes it short enough to duck under most tables and chairs. It can clean in places that you wouldn't ordinarily be able to get to with a regular upright vacuum cleaner.
Reasons to Avoid Roomba 618
- You want to clean several stories of your house. The Roomba 618 can cover 900 square feet. However, it can't traverse steps. If your home has multiple stories to it, then you're going to need a few Roombas or an upright vacuum so that you can clean steps effectively.
- You have back issues. Pressing the button is the only way to get the Roomba 618 moving. Anyone with back problems may have trouble bending down to press it so frequently. A Roomba with a remote or smartphone controls may be preferable in this instance.
What real Roomba 618 reviews say
We spent 18 hours scouring the web (reading over 253 customer reviews). Our conclusion? Roomba 618 receives high praise! Our average consolidated user rating sits around a 4.6 - 4.74 (across several hundred reviews). Roomba 618 scored higher, on average, compared to their closest competitors.
What reviewers like
- "My house is 930 sq. feet and the Roomba was happy to vacuum the carpet in two bedrooms and living room, the ceramic tile in the hallway and bathroom and the vinyl tile in the kitchen. It also vacuumed two throw rugs."
- "It gets under the bed, tables, chairs. It's great!"
- "The Roomba 618 is programmed to recognize edges so no problem with a sunken living room."
- "This little vacuum picks up all of the dog hair within its path so I don't have to get out the big vacuum every few days, and no more tugging and pushing either."
- "I was very impressed how the iadapt navagation allows the Roomba to navigate around obstacles and under furniture."
What reviewers dislike
- "While trying to remove the compartment for emptying, some of the debris was not all in the compartment but up in the machine."
- "My only small complaints are that it seemed to spend a lot of time in one room and only ventured into other rooms for a little bit."
- "I don't think it would be good for shaggy rug."
- "He could be a little thinner as he does get in a little trouble around the door stoppers and he gets stuck trying to get under my buffet."
- "It's not as loud as a vacuum, but it's not silent either; you're not going to want this running around while you're watching tv."
Where to buy Roomba 618
The Roomba 618 is for sale from various retailers. However, if you want an identical vacuum at a great price, then look for the Roomba 614 on Amazon. It's identical to the 618. And when you order it off Amazon, you can enjoy fast, free shipping!
The bottom line on Roomba 618
Roomba 618 is an ideal choice if you want a simple automatic vacuum at an affordable price.
We have scoured the internet looking for the best prices, and nobody beats Amazon, click here to get your best deal!