With a direct-drive cleaner head, the Dyson V8 Animal Plus vacuum makes quick work of any pet fur around your home. And whole-machine filtration ensures you're breathing in cleaner air while your device is in use. The right vacuum is essential for any pet owner, and this is a model worth considering from a trustworthy brand.
Dyson V8 Animal Plus overview
When pet fur litters your home's floors, you need a vacuum that isn't going to quit on you. The Dyson V8 Animal Plus comes with the brand's patented cyclonic technology to offer superior suction. And the direct-drive cleaner head works wonders on carpet. Any debris trapped within the carpet gets sucked up right away. And there are plenty more features to go along with that.
This vacuum comes with a lithium-ion battery that provides 40 minutes of suction on a single charge. 40 minutes may be plenty or far too little depending on the size of your home. But depending on your needs, and how many pets you have, the V8 Animal+ may be precisely what you need.
Get Dyson V8 Animal Plus if...
- You're done with cords. Vacuum cords are the bane of many people's existence. With this cordless vacuum, you don't have to worry about unraveling, dragging around, and plugging in any cords.
- You're sensitive to allergens. The V8 Animal+ boasts whole-machine filtration. It's capable of capturing 99.97 percent of particles in the air, even those as small as 0.3 microns.
- You finally want clean carpet. Carpet can be tough to keep clean, especially if you have young kids or animals. But with the direct-drive cleaner head, you can get through your carpet in a matter of minutes.
Skip Dyson V8 Animal Plus if...
- You have a lot of space. The Dyson V8 Animal+ has 40 minutes of battery life. If you want to vacuum everything in one sitting, then it may not be enough if you have a fairly large house.
- You don't want to constantly empty the bin. Some users have said the bin on the V8 Animal+ is a little small. If your house gets dirty easily, then it may fill up quickly. Anyone who typically has to contend with big messes should look into the Dyson V11. It comes with a full-size bin as well as 120 minutes of runtime on a single charge.
- 5 different head attachments
- Max power mode for more difficult tasks
- Dirt ejector so that you don't touch any debris
- Better for carpet than hard floors
Reasons to Buy Dyson V8 Animal Plus
- You have a pet. Not just any vacuum can handle the massive amounts of fur in your house when you have a dog or cat. "Animal" is in the name because this vacuum has powerful enough suction to get all fur and dander out of your house.
- You own carpet. Many homeowners are getting rid of carpet because it's too much to maintain. If you still have some, then you need a vacuum that keeps it clean and comfortable at all times.
- You have sensitive sinuses. Getting rid of dust from the carpet is a good first step for easing the tension on your sinuses. But some vacuums just push dust around. The V8 Animal Plus helps clean the air as you go through the house.
Reasons to Avoid Dyson V8 Animal Plus
- You have a lot of flooring to clean. While the 40-minute runtime of the V8 Animal+ is better compared to the 20 minutes you get with the V6 Slim, it may still not be enough. You should time how long it takes you to vacuum your entire house, so you know precisely what kind of Dyson product you need.
- You don't have pets. The V8 Animal+ is great for houses with pets. While it works well on hardwood, you may be better off with the V8 Absolute, which comes with a soft roller clean head that makes things easier on hardwood and tile.
What real Dyson V8 Animal Plus reviews say
We spent 18 hours scouring the web (reading over 253 customer reviews). Our conclusion? Dyson V8 Animal Plus receives high praise! Our average consolidated user rating sits around a 4.6 - 4.74 (across several hundred reviews). Dyson V8 Animal Plus scored higher, on average, compared to their closest competitors.
What reviewers like
- "The vacuum is very quiet, and still has 2/3 charge remaining after finishing my 600 sqft apartment."
- "I love this vacuum. It makes vacuuming super easy. The amount of dog hair was unbelievable. I love grabbing it and vacuuming the car, the furniture, the top of cabinets in no time."
- "All I can say is if you have a serious fur issue with dogs or cats, don't horse around. Get the best Dyson you can afford."
- "[It's] light, [it's] handy and it sucks. I mean that in a good way. It makes cleanup so much more convenient."
- "I vacuum our floors which are a combination of tile and laminate. The Dyson 8 is easy to use and picks up everything easily."
What reviewers dislike
- "I used the max suction on the carpeted areas and area rugs covered in dog hair and while I had to empty the canister three times, I’m fine with that."
- "The only thing that I don’t like is the battery life is short. You have to charge it 5 hours and only use 25 minutes on powerful suction mode."
- "The only thing I wish is that the length of use was longer."
- "Annoyed that the battery depletes quickly on high but the regular setting does a good enough job for making the carpet look nice again."
- "Doesn't work on my "plush" front door [mat] with the regular floor attachment so some carpets may be a problem."
Where to buy Dyson V8 Animal Plus
The Dyson V8 Animal+ is available on Amazon. You can purchase it brand new or save some money by buying a used model. It gets delivered to your house in no time so that you can finally start enjoying a cleaner, healthier home.
The bottom line on Dyson V8 Animal Plus vacuum
Dyson V8 Animal Plus is an ideal choice if you want greater power and filtration at an manageable price.
We have scoured the internet looking for the best prices, and nobody beats Amazon, click here to get your best deal!