The Dyson V7 Trigger is a powerful handheld vacuum that comes with crevice and mini motor attachments, making it ideal for all your cleaning needs. It also features a digital V7 motor, a hygienic dirt ejector, and a 2-year warranty. However, you might consider the shorter battery life, especially on high mode, before committing to this vacuum.
Dyson V7 Trigger overview
The Dyson V7 Trigger is a small, but effective, handheld vacuum cleaner that's an excellent alternative to a full-size vacuum if your space is small or you have mainly hardwood flooring throughout your home. It's also great for furniture, cars, blinds, and ceiling fans! Here are some key features that make this a unique option:
- Comes with a mini motorized tool, combination tool, crevice tool, adapting your vacuum to every job.
- 30-minute continuous suction battery life.
- Hygienic cleaning. An ejector means you don't have to touch the dirt, just dump it and go!
Despite it's many features, we understand that a vacuum is not a "one-size-fits-all" household appliance. If you're a little uneasy making your next big purchase or just not sure which Dyson model is the right one for you, we understand. That's why we've taken the time to develop this comprehensive review to discuss this vacuum, the good and the bad.
Get Dyson V7 Trigger if...
- You're an apartment dweller. If your apartment or dorm room is mostly hardwood, this is a smart investment. Chances are you don't need the bulk and brawn of a traditional vacuum, making a handheld Dyson a terrific option for keeping your space clean.
- You're a person with a lot of little spots to clean. Maybe you don't have carpet, but that doesn't mean you don't need a vacuum. A Dyson V7 Trigger is an excellent option for "spot cleaning" your furniture, car, rugs, and pet beds.
- You want a cordless, lightweight vacuum that's good for odds and ends of your space, like curtains, shades, and stairs.
Skip Dyson V7 Trigger if...
- You need a full vacuum. This is not a vacuum you should rely on for full-house cleaning. Investing initially on an upright for your mostly-carpeted spaces saves a lot of time, frustration, and backaches. In this case, we recommend the Dyson Ball Multi-Floor 2.
- Comes with several attachable tools allowing it to tackle a variety of jobs
- Portable and cordless, making it excellent for cars and rugs
- Mountable charging dock available for additional purchase
- Battery life decreases significantly when used on high
- Not great for large cleaning jobs or heavily carpeted spaces
Reasons to Buy Dyson V7 Trigger
- You have a small space. This vacuum works great for small spaces, quick cleaning jobs, or places you can't clean with a traditional vacuum. It would also be an excellent gift for college freshmen starting their dorm-life experience!
- You need mobility. If you have stairs, frequently need to clean your car, or have many rugs in different rooms of your house, this vacuum is a great option for spot cleaning.
- You have hardwood flooring. Of course, having hardwood flooring doesn't mean that you don't need to vacuum. It just means you need a smaller one! The Dyson V7 Trigger is an excellent option for quality cleaning of the rest of your space.
Reasons to Avoid Dyson V7 Trigger
- You have a large, carpeted space. For larger houses with carpeting, this isn't the right model. In this case, we recommend looking at other Dyson models in the V7 range, such as the V7 Absolute, which comes with the same powerful suction as the V7 Trigger with the added benefit of no-touch bin emptying.
- You have animals. The verdict on this is mixed, but generally, we recommend a different Dyson model if you have animals. While we found the V7 Trigger works well for removing animal hair from couches and rugs, we understand you have the need to reach underneath furniture or other hard to reach places. The Dyson V6 and V7 Animal are long-stemmed, hybrid vacuums that could prove to be more effective in this regard.
What real Dyson V7 Trigger reviews say
We spent 18 hours scouring the web (reading over 253 customer reviews). Our conclusion? Dyson V7 Trigger receives high praise! Our average consolidated user rating sits around a 4.6 - 4.74 (across several hundred reviews). Dyson V7 Trigger scored higher, on average, compared to their closest competitors.
What reviewers like
- "It's very easy to use and not too heavy to hold"
- "Like any other electronic device, you just get used to how things work and it becomes automatic."
- "Serious suction, adequate battery life for me, and quite easy to clean"
- "My wife loves it for nooks and crannies and I think it's great for the car."
- "I use this vacuum usually weekly just picking up dog hair and dirt around the corners of the house."
What reviewers dislike
- "Yes, battery life is short."
- "It should come with Docking Station"
- "Works great, but doesn't have enough battery life to make it worth it."
- "The battery life on max setting is 6 MINUTES."
- "The main issue with this Dyson is that it's overpriced."
Where to buy Dyson V7 Trigger
If you think this vacuum is for you, you can grab one on Amazon at a great price with free shipping! You can also find the recommended docking station and any other Dyson upgrade you need, all in one spot, only on Amazon!
The bottom line on the Dyson V7 Trigger vacuum
Dyson V7 Trigger is an ideal choice if you want a quality, mobile vacuum that's easy to store and use at an excellent price.
We have scoured the internet looking for the best prices, and nobody beats Amazon, click here to get your best deal!