Dyson V7 Animal is an excellent vacuum that's lightweight, powerful, and cordless. It comes with many attachments and a detachable head, meaning it adjusts seamlessly for all your cleaning needs. While the V7 Animal is highly-regarded, there are some concerns about its battery life and its ability to handle larger cleaning spaces.
Dyson V7 Animal overview
The Dyson V7 Animal is a versatile and powerful vacuum specially designed to rid your space of pet hair, dander, and allergens. The detachable head and long-stemmed body make the V7 Animal an integral part of your cleaning routine, giving you the suction to clean both deep shag carpeting and sensitive upholstery. Here are a few key features:
- Cord-free for ease of use
- Up to 30-minute run time on a full battery
- Detachable head for smaller jobs (meaning no cross-contamination between your floor and your couch)
- Hygienic, touch-free bin emptying
Despite the power it boasts, we all know that every person's vacuuming needs are different. Even though this is a great vacuum, there could be a model on the market more suited to your needs. If you're on the fence about this vacuum, read on to find if the Dyson V7 Animal is the one for you!
Get Dyson V7 Animal if...
- You're an allergy sufferer. We all love our pets but they're fur and dander can stir up pesky sinus issues. If you have allergies and need a versatile vacuum, one that you can use on every surface in your house, this is the vacuum for you!
- You don't have a lot of space in your home. This vacuum mounts against the wall, which takes up less space and makes it ideal for apartments, dorm rooms, or if you simply don't have enough storage space.
- You want a cordless, lightweight vacuum with a lot of power. The V7 Animal weighs about five pounds and doesn't come with the hassle of a cord, making it ideal for older people or even children.
Skip Dyson V7 Animal if...
- You have a larger space to vacuum. While not running on max power, the V7 only lasts around 30 minutes. This makes it ideal for smaller areas, but you should consider a different Dyson model if you're cleaning a multi-bedroom house. The Dyson Cyclone may be a better fit as it has a full 60 minute run-time!
- Mounts to the wall, saving storage space
- Max function for problem areas
- Detachable head with soft bristle brushes for couches, cushions, and bedding
- Long, slim stem makes it easier to get underneath furniture or in the corners of high ceilings
- Relatively short battery life
Reasons to Buy Dyson V7 Animal
- You have pets and carpeting! The critical feature of V7 Animal is how its versatility, attachments, and power work together to remove animal hair from even the deepest shag carpeting. This vacuum is a powerful, universal tool that eliminates 97% of microscopic pathogens that agitate your allergies.
- You have a small space and need a quality vacuum at a quality price. The Dyson V7 Animal is ideal for smaller spaces like apartments, and for the power it provides, it's an excellent price!
Reasons to Avoid Dyson V7 Animal
- You don't have pets. In this case, there could be a more appropriate model for you. The Dyson V7 Trigger is from the same generation. It features many of the same features as the V7 Animal but isn't explicitly engineered for dander. (It's also completely handheld and is about $100 cheaper!)
- You have a big space. For larger houses, the battery life of a Dyson V7 Animal doesn't always cut it. If this sounds like you, we suggest looking into more recent Dyson models, such as the Cyclone V10, that have a more durable battery life.
What real Dyson V7 Animal reviews say
We spent 18 hours scouring the web (reading over 253 customer reviews). Our conclusion? Dyson V7 Animal receives high praise! Our average consolidated user rating sits around a 4.6 - 4.74 (across several hundred reviews). Dyson V7 Animal scored higher, on average, compared to its closest competitors.
What reviewers like
- "I use it every day, lightweight easy, gets under most of the furniture and easily between and around tight spaces."
- "Great for a quick clean up of pet hairs instead of dragging out the canister vacuum."
- "I know it's expensive, but it's worth the money!"
- "Quick charge. Lightweight for a small female. Amazing job picking up dirt."
- "It lasts about 10 min on MAX mode, but I have tested it and that gives me enough time to vacuum the whole house. Seriously the best."
What reviewers dislike
- I love that it's cordless but the battery life even on the low setting doesn't get me through the whole house."
- "Sometimes the battery does not last long on max power."
- "Only down sides are you have to hold the trigger down while using, and sometimes the battery does not last long on max power."
- "The only thing that would make this the perfect Vacuum is if Dyson would have a replaceable battery."
- "The battery lasts 10 mins and dies."
Where to buy Dyson V7 Animal
We searched the web and found the best price for the Dyson V7 Animal on Amazon! There, you can purchase the vacuum with the added security of Amazon tech support and optional insurance, so you know you're getting reliable, protected service. Delivery time depends on where you live but it generally ships in less than a week, meaning your home is only a week away from a fresh clean!
The bottom line on the Dyson V7 Animal vacuum
Dyson V7 Animal is an ideal choice if you want a lightweight, hygienic vacuum that deep cleans to rid you of your pet allergies—all at an excellent price!
We have scoured the internet looking for the best prices, and nobody beats Amazon, click here to get your best deal!