The Dyson V7 Allergy's whole-machine filtration system captures 99.97 percent of particles in your home. With a direct-drive cleaner head for targeting debris deep within carpet, your home can be cleaner than ever before. But one point worth noting is it only gives you 30 minutes of cleaning time with each charge.
Dyson V7 Allergy overview
You shouldn't have to deal with incessant sneezing in your own home. The Dyson V7 Allergy comes with whole-machine filtration to capture 99.97 percent of particles as small as 0.3 microns. This is made possible thanks to the presence of 2-tier radial cyclones that work in tandem with one another to capture a greater amount of fine dust. Other features the vacuum comes with include:
- Battery-operated with 30 minutes of continuous suction
- Direct-drive cleaner head to remove debris deep within carpet
It's a great affordable option even if it doesn't come with as much power or battery life as comparable Dyson models. The Dyson Cyclone vacuum can work for a solid hour on a single charge while this one only offers half that. But depending on how big your house is, 30 minutes may be all you need.
Get Dyson V7 Allergy if...
- You have sinus issues. Allergens live everywhere from carpet to hardwood floors. Thanks to the whole-machine filtration system, you can get most particles trapped in your flooring.
- Your house has a lot of tight corners. Along with your vacuum, you also receive crevice and upholstery tools. These are great for cleaning between floorboards and couches, respectively.
- You want a handheld vacuum, too. Since the V7 Allergy is cordless, you can take it anywhere, including your vehicle. There's no longer any need to have multiple vacuums when one does it all.
Skip Dyson V7 Allergy if...
- You have a lot of floor to vacuum. The Dyson V7 Allergy has a 30-minute battery life, which may not be ideal if you have a large home.
- You don't have big messes. This kind of power is ideal in households with children or pets. The digital V7 motor offers superior power on both hardwood and carpet. But if your house requires only quick touch-ups every now and again, you may fair better with the Dyson V7 Trigger handheld vacuum.
- Washable, lifetime filter
- Docking station to keep vacuum out of the way
- Long-reach hose and detachable want release in one single action
- 15 cyclones total divided amongst 2 tiers
- Only 30 minutes of cleaning time on a single charge
- Not as many attachments as other models
Reasons to Buy Dyson V7 Allergy
- You have pets. Pet dander, dirt, and other pieces of debris can really upset your sinuses. Not only is the V7 Allergy strong enough to pick up all pet fur; it also cleans the air simultaneously to allow you to breathe easier.
- You need something light. At only 5.3 pounds, the V7 Allergy is among the lighter vacuums in Dyson's catalog. Some models, like the DC14, weigh up to 25 pounds. It's a lot easier to carry your V7 Allergy around the house and up stairs.
- You need to deep-clean carpet. The V7 Allergy features a direct-drive cleaner head that gets deep within carpet. Dirt no other vacuum can capture is not a problem with this Dyson model.
Reasons to Avoid Dyson V7 Allergy
- You have a big house. It takes 3.5 hours to charge the V7 Allergy. With that, it runs for 30 minutes. If you need to clean a larger house, then that might not be enough time to get everywhere.
- You don't have pets. The V7 Allergy is specifically designed to target more intense debris, like pet dander. If you don't have a pet, then the Dyson V7 Absolute may be more up your alley. It comes with many of the same features as the V7 Allergy, but it's designed for everyday cleaning tasks around the home.
What real Dyson V7 Allergy reviews say
We spent 18 hours scouring the web (reading over 253 customer reviews). Our conclusion? Dyson V7 Allergy receives high praise! Our average consolidated user rating sits around a 4.6 - 4.74 (across several hundred reviews). Dyson V7 Allergy scored higher, on average, compared to their closest competitors.
What reviewers like
- "I'm so glad I decided to invest a bit of extra money in this dyson instead of going for a cheaper similar vacuum. This works so wonderfully!"
- "I LOVE it!! It only weighs 5.29 lbs. it’s so easy to use, and easy for stairs, hard floors and carpets! Suction is great!"
- "It's light enough to use with one hand, holds enough to keep a 2 bedroom apartment clean."
- "Emptying it is easy. Swapping attachments is easy. Awesome build quality... feels like it was designed really well."
- "I didn't realize what I difference it makes to have a cordless vacuum that pivots and twists, and also has really good suction and beater. Honestly, this is the best vacuum I have ever had."
What reviewers dislike
- "It doesn’t last long enough to finish one room."
- "The suction could be a bit better, and the holding area is tiny, but overall, I am happy with it."
- "It's hard to open the door to empty it at first, but once you get the hang of it, it's a snap!"
- "The one thing that is noteworthy is the short run time on the more powerful suction setting."
- "Only one complaint is the air blows to my face when using it in short around upper places."
Where to buy Dyson V7 Allergy
With a compact design and lighter weight, it costs a lot less than similar models. It packs a big punch in such a small package. Find the V7 Allergy and many other Dyson models on Amazon. Plus, if you're a prime member, enjoy free 2-day shipping!
The bottom line on Dyson V7 Allergy
Dyson V7 Allergy is an ideal choice if you want a vacuum that targets contaminants in the air while still being light enough to carry around the house. It comes at a wonderfully affordable price.
We have scoured the internet looking for the best prices, and nobody beats Amazon, click here to get your best deal!