The Dyson V7 Absolute is designed to clean your home regardless of what type of flooring you have. Weighing in at 5.3 pounds, this vacuum is easy to use in tight spaces. With the 15 Tiered Cyclones, the vacuum keeps it suction strength longer than most. However, it's worth noting that it only provides 30 minutes of use on a single charge, which is more than enough if you live in a small apartment or home.
Dyson V7 Absolute overview
The Dyson V7 Absolute is a powerful vacuum powered by Dyson's V7 digital motor. Designed for both hard and soft surfaces, the V7 Absolute comes with two different head attachments to clean your floors. Other features, include:
- Two different power modes. Powerful mode for everyday use that runs for 30 minutes. For deeper more hard to clean areas, there is MAX. This mode can only be run for about 6 minutes but increases suction and cleaning power.
- Transforms into a handheld. As a hybrid vacuum the V7 Absolute can go from handheld to stand-up and back with ease.
- 15 Radial filter cones in 2 tiers. These cones make up the vacuum's filter. The massive amount of centrifugal force they create helps lock away dirt.
While the V7 Absolute is great at hard and soft floors, not every vacuum is made for all occasions. The only thing worse than a vacuum breaking down is buying a new one and it not being what you need. When considering what vacuum to buy there are a lot of options and it can be overwhelming. We're here to help you make a better informed decision on whether the Dyson V7 Absolute is the right vacuum for you.
Get Dyson V7 Absolute if...
- You have a mix of hard and soft floors in your home- The Dyson V7 Absolute comes with two different head attachments, one for hard floors and one for soft. This makes transitioning between these two surfaces easy and quick.
- You want 2 vacuums in 1- When cleaning your space, a hybrid vacuum can be nice if you have hard to reach areas a stand-up can't get to. By swapping to the handheld mode you can have more control over your vacuum and fit into more spaces.
- Versatility is an important factor- When cleaning its very likely your going to be cleaning multiple spaces or things. The Dyson V7 Absolute can handle most rooms and other items such cars or furniture. This makes it a much quicker task instead of having to go get a different tool.
Skip Dyson V7 Absolute if...
- You need a vacuum with a long battery life- The Dyson V7 Absolute only runs for around 30 minutes on powerful mode. You can get a few rooms done in that time, but for a whole house clean, opt for the Dyson Cyclone which offers a full 60 minutes of cleaning power on a single charge.
- You need a vacuum on a budget- As you would expect, a Dyson vacuum isn't cheap. You're getting what you pay for but, not everyone can afford one. If you're looking to spend under $250 look into one of Dyson's handheld vacuums or a Dyson V6 model.
- You need a large vacuum- When cleaning up an especially dirty room it can be a hassle to constantly have to empty out the vacuum bin. At only .14 liters the Dyson V7 Absolute has a small capacity that can be a hindrance in extra dirty spaces.
- Wide range of cleaning options
Reasons to Buy Dyson V7 Absolute
- You have limited storage space- The Dyson V7 comes with a docking station that can be hung up on the wall. Not only does this save a ton of space, it doubles as the vacuum's charger.
- You have multiple unique spaces to clean. - The V7 Absolute has multiple attachments for multiple situations. The mini motorhead attachment tackles tough dirt in tight spaces. The crevice tool allows you to get deep into crevices. The mini soft dusting brush is great for gentle cleaning like desks and counters.
Reasons to Avoid Dyson V7 Absolute
- You prefer a traditional corded vacuum- Some people have concerns when it comes to the battery life or power of cordless vacuums. If you like the typical corded vacuum cleaner, Dyson has plenty of models to choose from. A particularly well regarded corded vacuum is the Dyson Ball Multi-floor 2.
- You need a large bin - Like most bagless vacuums the Dyson V7 Absolute can't hold as much as a vacuum with a bag. At .14 liters it's bin can be small. If you have large spaces to clean it can be annoying to have to constantly stop and empty it. If you need a large capacity try out any of the bagged vacuums Dyson offers.
What real Dyson V7 Absolute reviews say
We spent 18 hours scouring the web (reading over 253 customer reviews). Our conclusion? Dyson V7 Absolute receives high praise! Our average consolidated user rating sits around a 4.6 - 4.74 (across several hundred reviews). Dyson V7 Absolute scored higher, on average, compared to their closest competitors.
What reviewers like
- "Awesome vacuum. Sweet spot for me price wise. It has double the power of the V6 but much cheaper than the V8. All around this seems to be the best priced model value wise."
- "This thing could suck the bark off a tree in January"
- "Works great on hard floors."
- "Is great for cobwebs in hard to reach places."
- "My apartment is much cleaner now just because I can just grab this thing and fly over my floors rather than hauling out the vacuum cleaner and having to plug it in three different places because the cord doesn't reach. The swivel is just genius."
What reviewers dislike
- "The battery doesn’t last long, especially on max power. I get maybe 6 minutes on Max & about 15 on “power saver” if I’m lucky."
- "My house is about 70% carpet & this doesn’t pick everything up unless it’s on max power. Which I then run into the time limit problem."
- "Most frustrating about this V7 cordless Ive just purchased is that is looks identical to my failing V6. So it would be reasonable to expect that all the accessories that I purchased for the V6 would fit the V7. No, they do not. Every single part of the V7 is slightly different size or slightly different design for absolutely no functional improvement"
- "We bought this vacuum about 6 months ago to replace our bigger corded vacuum that decided to stop working. At first I loved this vacuum because it was so convenient. Then after a while the battery life got annoying at only about 7 minutes on max power."
- "The filter constantly clogs which causes it to start and stop constantly, especially on max suction."
Where to buy Dyson V7 Absolute
Amazon is where you want to buy the Dyson V7 Absolute. They offer the same warranty through Dyson, and, if you have Prime, you can enjoy free shipping! On top of the Dyson warranty, you have Amazon Tech support to help you should you have any questions regarding your vacuum.
The bottom line on Dyson V7 Absolute vacuum
Dyson V7 Absolute is an ideal choice if you want a versatile and powerful vacuum at a reasonable price. We have scoured the internet looking for the best prices, and nobody beats Amazon, click here to get your best deal!