With a 2-tiered cyclone system along with multiple brush heads, the Dyson V6 Slim is capable of handling most household cleaning needs. Since it's battery-powered, you only get 20 minutes of use out of every charge. But for some people, that's more than enough.
Dyson V6 Slim overview
Your vacuum shouldn't be more hassle than it's worth. Luckily, the Dyson V6 Slim is one of the lighter vacuums on the market. And since it's cordless, you can take it everywhere with you around the house. With a motorized cleaner suitable for all floor types from hardwood to carpet, you can really spruce up your home on a single charge. Other important features include:
- 100 air watts of suction power
- 15 cyclones spread out across 2 tiers
- Carbon fiber filaments to remove fine dust
You need to charge your vacuum before using it. Luckily, it comes with a convenient docking station that also holds all of the attachments the vacuum comes with. Keep your vacuum charging when it's not in use to so it's ready to go when you need it.
Get Dyson V6 Slim if...
- You're tired of heavy vacuums. A lot of bulky vacuums can weigh up to 25 pounds. That makes it tough to bring around the house, especially if you have stairs. But at just 4.5 pounds, the V6 Slim is a lot simpler to handle.
- You need a handheld vacuum, too. A lot of people require 2 vacuums: one for the house and one for the car. Luckily, the V6 Slim can turn into a handheld vacuum you can bring to your car and anywhere else the upright model can't fit.
- You want full edge-to-edge cleaning. Bristles cover the full width of the vacuum's head. This allows it to grab everything in its path with ease.
Skip Dyson V6 Slim if...
- You need more cleaning time. On a single charge, the V6 Slim gives you 20 minutes of use. You get 6 minutes with the higher suction feature. This is in vast contrast to something like the Dyson Cyclone, which gives you 60 minutes of use after charging for 3.5 hours.
- You rent your home. The docking station can be set up virtually anywhere, but it's meant to be put on the wall. If you rent your apartment or house and aren't allowed to put holes in the wall, you may need to consider an upright vacuum you can store away in a closet.
- Hygienic bin emptying capabilities
- 2-tier radial cyclones to increase air flow and catch more dust
- Motor spins at 110,000 rpm
- Battery power only expended during cleaning
- Only 20 minutes of suction
- Even less time on max power mode
Reasons to Buy Dyson V6 Slim
- You have a mix of floorings. Carbon fiber filaments are great for picking up dust from hardwood. Meanwhile, stiff nylon bristles get deep within carpet. If your house has both, then you need a vacuum that's suitable for both.
- You have stairs. Corded vacuums can be a hassle taking up and down stairs. With no cord and an overall weight of 4.5 pounds, you can bring your vacuum anywhere.
- You need floor to ceiling cleaning. The center of gravity on the V6 Slim is located near the handle. That means you can actually pick the vacuum up to touch up hard-to-reach areas. You can suck up dirt from the tops of cabinets or high up on curtains to keep every area of your home clean.
Reasons to Avoid Dyson V6 Slim
- You only have one type of flooring. The extra attachments and features may be superfluous to some customers. For example, the Dyson V7 series is optimized for hardwood floors.
- You have a lot to clean. You can always vacuum for 20 minutes at a time each day. But if you like to clean everything in one go, then having only 20 minutes of cleaning time may be inconvenient. It's even less if you go for the higher setting.
What real Dyson V6 Slim reviews say
We spent 18 hours scouring the web (reading over 253 customer reviews). Our conclusion? Dyson V6 Slim receives high praise! Our average consolidated user rating sits around a 4.6 - 4.74 (across several hundred reviews). Dyson V6 Slim scored higher, on average, compared to their closest competitors.
What reviewers like
- "Aside from the cordless, lightweight, powerful suction, the thing I like best about the V6 is its ability to remove pet hair and dirt WITHOUT damaging my expensive wool area rugs."
- "I use this in my kitchen, hallways, utility room and bathrooms. I also use it in all the other rooms to get under furniture and tight places. I also use it with its attachments—much easier than using the attachments on my big vacuum."
- "We loved the fact that it picked up everything, even at the edge of baseboards and furniture. It was reliable and did not disappoint, so I used it even three or four times a day. "
- "Its a fantastic mobile cleaner that works fairly well. Its great for cleaning up hard floors but have never tried carpet."
- "Not only can the beater bar be easily removed from this unit, I have found that when left in the soft bristles on the V6 do literally no damage at all."
What reviewers dislike
- "I just wish the battery lasted longer!!"
- "It has a small dirt cup. It can fill up with animal hair and carpet pile in minutes."
- "The ball feature makes it difficult to get under some things and that's where the cordless helps."
- "The battery doesn't last the longest if you use the MAX setting, but that is clearly pointed out by Dyson."
- "The only negative... is that the latch to open the dustbin is not intuitive and is very difficult to open."
Where to buy Dyson V6 Slim
Amazon is the place to turn to for all of your vacuuming needs. The website has the best price for the V6 Slim out of anywhere. The site even has a feature where you can compare it with similar models, such as other V6 vacuums from Dyson, to make sure you get the best vacuum possible.
The bottom line on Dyson V6 Slim vacuum
Dyson V6 Slim is an ideal choice if you want a lightweight yet powerful vacuum at a good price.
We have scoured the internet looking for the best prices, and nobody beats Amazon, click here to get your best deal!