The Dyson V6 Cord-Free is a powerful, lightweight vacuum great for home use. It comes with a mountable docking station, a range of attachable features, and switches easily between carpet and hardwood floor. However, some customers find the battery life too short, which is a consideration if you need to clean a multi-bedroom house.
Dyson V6 Cord-Free overview
The Dyson V6 Cord-Free is a lightweight, premium vacuum with excellent power and durability. Since it's cordless and compact, it's capable of cleaning stairs, ceilings, or other hard-to-reach areas. Its structure is slim, affectionately referred to as "stick-like" and makes it a valuable tool for getting underneath your furniture or into difficult edges. Here are a few more cool features of the V6 Cord-Free!
- Motorized head makes it easy to clean multiple surfaces while the bristles go to work on the dirt burrowed deep into your carpet
- 20-minute continuous suction battery life
- Combination tool allows you to clean various surfaces, including furniture, rugs, or even your car.
Despite the concerns regarding battery life and suction power, the Dyson V6 Cord-Free is a reliable and effective vacuum. But if you're uneasy making an investment in an appliance, we understand the stress. That's why we wanted this review to be as comprehensive as possible, giving you an inside look as to what it's like to own this vacuum.
Get Dyson V6 Cord-Free if...
- You're an apartment resident. 20 minutes of suction isn't a lot when you're dealing with a house. But, if you're in a small to medium-sized apartment, this vacuum cleans exceptionally well for spaces around 1,000 square feet or less.
- You want a versatile vacuum. One of the best features of Dyson V6 Cord-Free is its ability to go handheld, utilizing specialty tools that come with your vacuum to clean all your spaces! This includes your car, your couch, and your rugs.
- You want a cordless, lightweight vacuum that can help you reach both beneath the couch or to your ceiling's highest point without missing a beat.
Skip Dyson V6 Cord-Free if...
- You live in a large space. The biggest complaint among Dyson V6 Cord-Free owners is that the vacuum doesn't have enough battery life. This is especially true if you use the vacuum on max suction, however, 20 minutes isn't always enough time when you're deep cleaning a larger space, so if that's a concern for you, you should consider a different Dyson model such as the Dyson Cyclone V10 with up to 60 minutes run time on a single charge.
- Detachable head with soft bristle brushes and mini motor tool for upholstery, furniture, and rugs
- Long-stemmed to easily access underneath furniture or high ceilings
- Charging dock mounts to the wall, keeping your vacuum out of the way when not in use
Reasons to Buy Dyson V6 Cord-Free
- If you have both hardwood floors and carpet, this vacuum is useful in switching between different floor types. The adjustable speeds work best on low for hardwood floors and most carpets, and you can use max for deep or shag carpeting.
- You have limited storage space. The Dyson V6 Cord-Free comes with a docking station that can be mounted to any wall. Not only does it charge your vacuum cleaner when not in use, but it also allows you to store it away without taking up much space.
Reasons to Avoid Dyson V6 Cord-Free
- You're looking for an upgrade. The Dyson V6 Cord-Free is great, but it's been on the market for a while. Maybe you're looking for a newer model with all the bells and whistles! If you're looking for an upgrade, we suggest taking a look at the newer Dyson V11 which boasts an incredible 120-minute run time on a single charge plus Dyson's most powerful suction power to-date!
What real Dyson V6 Cord-Free reviews say
We spent 18 hours scouring the web (reading over 253 customer reviews). Our conclusion? Dyson V6 Cord-Free receives high praise! Our average consolidated user rating sits around a 4.6 - 4.74 (across several hundred reviews). Dyson V6 Cord-Free scored higher, on average, compared to their closest competitors.
What reviewers like
- "This fairly lightweight, easy-to-control-with-one-hand stick vacuum is a joy to use in conjunction with your big upright or canister vacuum."
- "This vacuum makes it so easy to clean."
- " I highly recommend this to anyone who wants a great vacuum that can handle all of your needs around the house."
- "I am obsessed with this vacuum and recommend it to everyone!"
- "The Dyson V6 works quite well on my floors which are hand-scraped wood."
What reviewers dislike
- "I'm so disappointed to say that the battery life on this is terrible!"
- "I just wish the battery lasted longer!"
- "Just be aware that the battery life after charge is not very long."
- "Shuts off after ten minutes of use."
- "Battery does not hold charge unfortunately."
Where to buy Dyson V6 Cord-Free
If you think the Dyson V6 Cord-Free is the right vacuum for you, you're in luck! We searched high and low for the best prices, and found that Amazon has the best prices! This vacuum comes in iron and purple. Plus, Prime members get to enjoy fast, free shipping.
The bottom line on the Dyson V6 Cord-Free vacuum
Dyson V6 Cord-Free is an excellent choice if you want a lightweight, cordless vacuum with exceptional performance—all at a fantastic price.
We have scoured the internet looking for the best prices, and nobody beats Amazon, click here to get your best deal!