The Dyson SV10 gives you a cleaner house by using the direct-drive cleaner head to get deep within carpet. It also comes with a fantastic whole-machine filtration system that puts out cleaner air. While it helps you breathe easier, this feature does come at a premium price.
Dyson SV10 overview
The Dyson SV10 boasts 15 cyclones arranged across 2 tiers. These work in parallel to one another to enhance airflow and capture more fine dust. The best part is that it's cordless, and it lasts for up to 40 minutes on a single charge. With the floor tool, you receive 25 minutes of usage. And the features don't stop there.
- Whole-machine HEPA filtration
- 150 percent more brush bar power than the Dyson V6
Most users don't like the price, which is higher than other vacuums out there. But when you consider all the benefits, you may decide it's worth the investment. Plus, it's backed by a 2-year warranty in case anything does go wrong.
Get Dyson SV10 if...
- You're sensitive to contaminants. People's allergies easily get triggered by particles in the air, even those in your own home. With HEPA filtration, the SV10 expels cleaner air than what it takes in.
- You're tired of cords. The SV10 vacuum is completely cordless. This means you can easily maneuver around the house with ease, even bringing it upstairs without pausing to find an outlet.
- You want to clean your car, too. The SV10 effortlessly transforms into a handheld vacuum. It makes it a lot more manageable to clean stairs and inside your car.
Skip Dyson SV10 if...
- You have a big house. The Dyson SV10 runs on battery power. You get 40 minutes of life on a full charge. And this may not be enough for particularly large houses.
- You're on a budget. All these features come at a hefty price. The SV10 is definitely one of the more expensive vacuums offered by Dyson. You can get something like the Dyson V6 Slim, which is usually half the price. But it only comes with 20 minutes of battery life as opposed to 40 minutes.
- Battery powered and cordless
- Trigger releases instantly
- Direct-drive cleaner head for thoroughly cleaning carpet
- 150 percent more brush bar power than the Dyson V6 vacuum
Reasons to Buy Dyson SV10
- You have a lot of carpet. Some vacuums just can't handle carpet. That's not an issue with the SV10 as it comes with a direct-drive cleaner head to reach deep into carpet bristles for a more thorough cleaning.
- You need to clean areas up high. The Dyson digital motor V8 is located in the handle. This easily allows you to lift your vacuum up to reach the tops of cupboards and curtains.
- You have pets. Animal fur tends to get everywhere. With the power suction offered by the motor, you can pick up every last strand whether it's in the corner or tangled in your carpet.
Reasons to Avoid Dyson SV10
- You're looking to clean a very large space. The Dyson SV10 requires 5 hours of charging to last for 40 minutes. For huge houses, that may not be enough to get everything. In this instance, you may want to opt for the Dyson Cyclone. It only requires 3.5 hours of charging and lasts for 60 minutes.
- You don't need all that power. If your house doesn't tend to get dirty all that often and you don't have any animals, then you may not need such a powerful vacuum. Its capabilities also go to waste if you don't have carpet that requires deep cleaning.
What real Dyson SV10 reviews say
We spent 18 hours scouring the web (reading over 253 customer reviews). Our conclusion? Dyson SV10 receives high praise! Our average consolidated user rating sits around a 4.6 - 4.74 (across several hundred reviews). Dyson SV10 scored higher, on average, compared to their closest competitors.
What reviewers like
- "The charge holds long enough to do the entire 3,000 square foot house. Now, my children want one, but this time, they need to buy their own. I'm 100% happy with this vacuum!"
- "I can just zip around the house with this light new vacuum which even allows me to reach under things that the larger Dyson won't."
- "Wasn't sure if this cordless would live up to the hype and expectations but it did and I am pleasantly surprised."
- "I have a small place and the unit is perfect for me. Whenever I see dirt it's just so easy to grab the unit and fix the problem."
- "I love this vacuum; it is so easy to use, no cord to get out of the way or move from plug to plug."
What reviewers dislike
- "Amazing suction power wish I had a little bit better battery life."
- "The unit is heavier than expected."
- "Plastic construction feels cheap."
- "You can't plan on doing your whole house with this machine in at one time period as the battery will not hold for this long of a time."
- "I do feel that the power is a little bit weaker than I expected."
Where to buy Dyson SV10
You can find the Dyson SV10 vacuum available on Amazon. New models are offered, but you may be able to find a refurbished vacuum to save on costs while still benefitting greatly.
The bottom line on Dyson SV10 vacuum
Dyson SV10 is an ideal choice if you want a superior filtration system that doesn't sacrifice on power at a reasonable price.
We have scoured the internet looking for the best prices, and nobody beats Amazon, click here to get your best deal!