The Dyson DC65 is one of Dyson's lightest upright vacuums, making it great for large houses, people with back problems, and even kids. The vacuum includes Dyson's signature Ball technology, radial root cyclone, and adjustable cleaning head for enhanced suction. However, some have presented minor concerns about the design of the DC65.
Dyson DC65 overview
The Dyson DC65 is a lightweight, upright vacuum that packs a wallop as it cleans! This vacuum boasts everything you love in a Dyson, including radial root technology, Dyson Ball technology, and a self-adjusting cleaner head that makes it easy to switch between surfaces and carpet types. But the DC65 takes it one step further by incorporating a reconfigured brush head with 25% more power to drive deeper into your carpet. Here are a few more things DC65 owners love about their vacuum:
- Hygienic bin cleanup meaning you don't touch the dirt
- An easy-grip handle for maneuverability
- 1-pound total weight--one of the lightest uprights we've reviewed to date!
With Ball technology and such lightweight, we think the Dyson DC65 is a great gift for older people, those with back issues, or those who need a powerful vacuum that doesn't take up too much storage. But we're also aware of the minor design complaints some customers have brought up, so in this review, we'll go into detail about what you can expect from the DC65 so there are no surprises if you decide this is the vacuum for you.
Get Dyson DC65 if...
- You have a lot of different surfaces in your house. This can include different carpet types, hard floors, or rugs that often need vacuuming. The suction of the DC65 is powerful, but not as much as other Dyson models, which infamously lift rugs during cleaning or wear away at the fibers in certain carpet types. Additionally, the self-adjusting cleaning head means no manual nob-turning when you move from surface to surface.
- You need a lightweight vacuum. Not only is this one of the lightest upright vacuums in Dyson's line-up, but it also comes with a central handhold, making it easy move up and down staircases if you're in a larger house.
- Your children are on vacuum-duty. This vacuum weighs only 1 pound plus features Dyson's ball design. This combination makes it easy for children to maneuver around the house. This is one chore they won't have a hard time performing.
Skip Dyson DC65 if...
- You're in a super small space or don't have much to vacuum. While we believe this vacuum is excellent for all floor types, we understand that you could be in a space where the suction and size of the Dyson DC65 could be unnecessary. Therefore, if you're looking for a smaller vacuum for light tasks or occasional vacuuming of furniture, you should consider a handheld model, such as the V6 or V7 Trigger.
- Lightweight, especially for an upright
- Powerful suction (but not too powerful!)
- Self-adjusting cleaning head that makes the DC65 superior for all floor types
- The reconfigured brush bar allows it to get deeper into the carpet for a more thorough clean
- The heavy-duty cord could pose mobility/storage problems
- Lightweight plastic not as durable as other models
Reasons to Buy Dyson DC65
- You have a big home. Cleaning large spaces can be a chore, but Dyson DC65 makes it quick and efficient. The weight and ease of use make the DC65 better to move from room-to-room. The superior suction reduces cleaning time and increases the visibility of results!
- You want a vacuum with reach. The DC65's extendable hose makes it easy to get to those hard-to-reach spots, like ceiling corners, fans, and between/behind your furniture.
Reasons to Avoid Dyson DC65
- You're a pet owner. While the DC65 does a moderately fair job at picking up pet hair and dander, it's not specifically designed to handle this task. If you have dogs and cats that shed, opt for a Dyson exclusively for pets such as the DC65 Animal or V8 Animal.
What real Dyson DC65 reviews say
We spent 18 hours scouring the web (reading over 253 customer reviews). Our conclusion? Dyson DC65 receives high praise! Our average consolidated user rating sits around a 4.6 - 4.74 (across several hundred reviews). Dyson DC65 scored higher, on average, compared to their closest competitors.
What reviewers like
- "It's lightweight and seems to almost move like it is powered."
- "This thing has CRAZY suction, so I still don't have a need for the animal tools."
- "A lot of thought and engineering built in to this unit."
- "This vacuum works great as do all my other dyson products."
What reviewers dislike
- "The canister fills pretty fast."
- "I wouldn't mind having a foot button to unlock."
- "So locking is too hard, and unlocking is too easy."
- "Heavy duty chord is stiff."
- "We are disappointed that it does not have some kind of lights on the front to spotlight the area being cleaned.."
Where to buy Dyson DC65
If you think this vacuum is for you, and you're wondering where to buy, we've looked for you! The best prices for Dyson DC65 are on Amazon. Amazon is the most consistently-stocked market for Dyson products, and you can easily browse and compare different models and prices if you're still trying to decide whether the DC65 is for you.
The bottom line on the Dyson DC65 vacuum
Dyson DC65 is a strong consideration if you want a ridiculously lightweight vacuum that packs the gobsmacking power of a Dyson—all at a fair price!
We have scoured the internet looking for the best prices, and nobody beats Amazon, click here to get your best deal!