The Dyson DC59 is a super lightweight vacuum that also converts to a handheld. It features hygienic bin removal, 75% increased brush power over similar models and 2 tier radial cyclone suction. However, there's some concern over the short battery life, which is a consideration before purchasing.
Dyson DC59 overview
This DC59 model boasts 75% more brush bar power than the DC59 Animal with all the suction, the DC59 utilizes 2 tier radial cyclones and the power of the Dyson V6 motor. Not only is it strong, but it's also super light, making it the perfect compact, yet effective cleaning tool. Here are a few features that DC59 owners love:
- Hygienic bin cleanup is as simple as the pull of a lever
- A docking station that ensures your machine is always fully charged
- Powerful suction with 2 tier cyclone to trap in the dirt
The Dyson DC59 has a lot to offer. However, we realize that everyone has different vacuum needs and that this machine has problems regarding its battery life and price point. Appliances are expensive and risky purchases, so in this review, we'll go into detail about what you can expect from the DC59 so you're happy when it arrives at your door.
Get Dyson DC59 if...
- You have both hardwood floors and carpet, this vacuum is useful in switching between different floor types. The adjustable speeds work best on low for hardwood floors and most carpets, and you can use max for deep or shag carpeting.
- You need a lightweight vacuum. If you have many stairs, a larger space, or back problems that cause you to want a smaller vacuum, this is a good choice for you. The DC59 is light for most uses. But, as we discussed, it also converts into a handheld, ideal for stairs, cars, or any smaller cleaning tasks that arise.
Skip Dyson DC59 if...
- You live in a large house. While the DC59 is capable of cleaning just about any surface, it's a cordless vacuum that is capable of roughly 25 minutes of run-time on a single charge. This may not be enough to clean larger spaces in one go. If you need something that lasts longer, consider the Dyson V11 which has a 120-minute run time on a single charge.
- Long-stemmed to easily access underneath furniture or high ceilings
- Charging dock for easy storage
- Detachable head with extensions for furniture, rugs, and corner cleaning
Reasons to Buy Dyson DC59
- You have limited storage space. The Dyson DC59 comes with a docking station that can be mounted on any wall, whether in the garage, hallway, or closet. If you live in a smaller apartment or home, it's a great option that doesn't necessitate a whole lot of accommodations.
- You're a person who also likes handheld vacuums. You shouldn't have to choose between the portability of a handheld and the power of an upright. With the DC59, you get the best of both worlds!
Reasons to Avoid Dyson DC59
- You're a pet owner. While this vacuum can work moderately well at picking up pet hair and dander, that's not its main focus. Opt for a Dyson model designed exclusively for pets such as the V8 Animal.
What real Dyson DC59 reviews say
We spent 18 hours scouring the web (reading over 253 customer reviews). Our conclusion? Dyson DC59 receives high praise! Our average consolidated user rating sits around a 4.6 - 4.74 (across several hundred reviews). Dyson DC59 scored higher, on average, compared to their closest competitors.
What reviewers like
- "It is portable and lightweight."
- "I am not exaggerating when I say I feel this vacuum has liberated me from the usual drudgery that vacuuming entails."
- "Highly recommend vacuum if you looking for versatility, performance, and lite weight."
- "Charge last[s] long enough to vacuum whole house."
- "I find that I vacuum faster with it because I don't have to mess with a cord or keep plugging and unplugging it as I move through the house."
What reviewers dislike
- "Battery last for a maximum of 20 minutes only."
- "Dyson DC59 is expensive."
- "Don't get this as your only vacuum or you may be disappointed due to the short charge time and small debris capacity."
- "The price certainly seems high."
- "It's true the battery doesn't last long enough."
Where to buy Dyson DC59
If you think this vacuum is for you, and you're wondering where to buy, we've looked for you! The best price for the Dyson DC59 is on Amazon. Not only is this a steal, you get to enjoy Amazon's free, fast shipping.
The bottom line on the Dyson DC59 vacuum
Dyson DC59 is a strong choice if you want a ridiculously lightweight vacuum that packs the punch of an upright—all at a gob-smacking price!
We have scoured the internet looking for the best prices, and nobody beats Amazon, click here to get your best deal!