With 2-tier radial cyclones combined with a max power setting, the Dyson DC58 offers great suction for a smaller vacuum. It doesn't come with all the attachments you typically get with an upright vacuum, but for a handheld option, it's fairly powerful.
Dyson DC58 overview
The Dyson DC58 vacuum, renamed as the Dyson V6 Trigger, draws power from the Dyson digital V6 motor. Dyson claims it has 3 times the suction power as comparable handheld vacuums, plus, it offers 30 minutes of fade-free suction. Other features found with this vacuum include:
- 100 air watts of suction power
- Max power mode for 6 minutes of high-powered suction
Despite these robust features, many customers seem to worry about the high price tag. It costs a bit more than other handheld vacuums. But depending on what you need it for, this vacuum could soon pay for itself.
Get Dyson DC58 if...
- You need to clean everywhere. As a handheld vacuum with an ergonomic handle, the DC58 can go anywhere. You can bring it to your car to clean between the seats. And you can clean furniture and curtains—things a full-sized vacuum isn't capable of.
- You don't want to compromise on power. According to Dyson, the DC58 has 1.5 times more power than the Dyson DC34 vacuum. With 15 cyclones arranged throughout 2 tiers, this vacuum improves air flow, allowing it to capture smaller particles of dust than other models.
- You want maximum power. The DC58 comes with a max power mode. It lasts for 6 minutes. But when you need to get dust and other debris out of a specific spot on your carpet or upholstery, 6 minutes is more than enough.
Skip Dyson DC58 if...
- You want special attachments. The DC58 doesn't come with any extra heads. This is in sharp contrast to the Dyson V7 that comes with a crevice tool, mini soft dusting brush, and much more to clean a variety of surfaces.
- You have a lot to vacuum. On a full charge, the DC58 runs for 20 minutes. Many customers seem to find that this handheld vacuum, while useful for some jobs, isn't enough to replace a full-sized vacuum.
- Trigger grip to save on battery life
- Center of gravity located in grip
Reasons to Buy Dyson DC58
- Your car gets dirty often. For many people, their vehicles get just as dirty as their houses. When you need to pick up crumbs and other debris, you can bring the DC58 out to the garage or driveway to spruce things up quickly.
- Your home has stairs. With no cord, the DC58 can reach into tight spots with ease. You can take it up and down the stairs without it feeling like a treacherous journey.
- Your house is small. The DC58 is great for apartments and smaller houses. With dimensions of 10 in. x 16.3 in. x 6.1 in., it's compact and fits into closets effortlessly.
Reasons to Avoid Dyson DC58
- You have sensitive sinuses. Unlike other Dyson vacuums, such as the DC41 that comes with a HEPA filter, no such filter is found with the DC58. It's removable and washable, but a HEPA filter does a better job of filtering out contaminants in the air.
- You don't already have an upright vacuum. With a 20-minute runtime, the DC58 may not be able to clean everything in your home. It's preferable for cleaning upholstery, cars, and small areas. But for big jobs, you need an upright vacuum, in which case the V7 Absolute might be a better fit.
What real Dyson DC58 reviews say
We spent 18 hours scouring the web (reading over 253 customer reviews). Our conclusion? Dyson DC58 receives high praise! Our average consolidated user rating sits around a 4.6 - 4.74 (across several hundred reviews). Dyson DC58 scored higher, on average, compared to their closest competitors.
What reviewers like
- "The soft bristle brush works great for speaker grills (they seriously look new now), picture frames, window blinds, electronics, and dusting shelves and tchotchkes."
- "Battery lasted long enough to clean 2 cars."
- "It's SO easy to use. The accessories clip or attach very quickly and easily and the little button that lets the bottom fall out so you can drop all you sucked up right in the trash can is amazing."
- "It is perfect for getting into tight spaces to reach every crumb in a car seat. Perfect for getting in between couch cushion. Even picks up pet hair."
- "Very impressive performance. I was amazed at the amount of dust mites and dander that was drawn into the canister."
What reviewers dislike
- "Emptying the V6M was a doddle, just like any other Dyson but it was at this point I learned not to get too close to the bin as this was the only time I sneezed due to the dust emanating from the bin."
- "Noise level (high pitched whistle) is pretty high and uncomfy - measuring at 85dbA (90 at MAX power)."
- "Battery life is, of course, shorter on MAX, but I always keep it plugged in."
- "My only complaint is that the battery last too short between each charge, just enough to do a king size mattress at max power."
- "DO NOT try to vacuum up popcorn. It completely jams the vacuum cleaner and you have to disassemble to get the stuck popcorn out, Not just the empty release; you have to take the canister off."
Where to buy Dyson DC58
Amazon has the Dyson DC58 vacuum for sale although it's listed as the Dyson V6 Trigger. Other V6 options, such as Top Dog and Mattress, are available from Amazon, too. Free shipping is available on select models.
The bottom line on Dyson DC58 vacuum
Dyson DC58 is an ideal choice if you want a portable yet powerful vacuum at an affordable price.
We have scoured the internet looking for the best prices, and nobody beats Amazon, click here to get your best deal!