To clean up animal fur around your house, you need a powerful vacuum. The Dyson DC44 Animal comes with a superb digital motor and first-class nylon brushes for getting every last strand off your floor. However, it does only provide a 20 minute run-time on a single charge, which may not be enough if you have a large space to clean.
Dyson DC44 Animal overview
The DC44 Animal vacuum boasts Dyson's digital motor, capable of speeds 3 times faster than conventional motors. It works great in tandem with the rotating nylon brushes designed for getting rid of dirt ground deep within carpets. But it also works fantastically on hard floors, such as hardwood and tile, thanks to ultra-fine conductive carbon fiber brushes. Other features to consider include:
- Removable wand for handheld mode
- Root cyclone technology for improved suction
- Max power option for tough debris
Some users have found the dirt canister to be a tad small. And the battery life may leave something to be desired. In these instances, something like the Dyson V10 may be preferable since it provides 60 minutes of runtime. But it all comes down to how much space you need to clean.
Get Dyson DC44 Animal if...
- Your carpet needs deep-cleaning. Having pets shed or kids drag in mud can ruin your carpet in no time. Luckily, the nylon brushes get deep within carpet fibers to make it look and smell as good as new.
- You're a cleaning fiend. A vacuum can clean so much more than just the living room and bedrooms. With the handheld mode on the DC44 Animal, you can take it out to your car to get rid of crumbs, mud, and more.
- You want to protect your floors. Brushes on other vacuums may damage hard floors. But with the ultra-fine fiber brushes on the DC44 Animal, you can clean everything from hardwood to carpet without leaving behind any marks.
Skip Dyson DC44 Animal if...
- You want greater convenience. To keep the vacuum running, you need to hold down the trigger. Some people find this a nuisance when compared to a simple on/off switch. Dyson V8 vacuums come with such buttons that eliminate the inconvenience of having to hold something down the entire time you work.
- You have a larger space to vacuum. The Dyson DC44 Animal runs on battery power that lasts for 20 minutes. It only goes for 6 minutes on boost mode. You may have to stop in the middle of cleaning to recharge.
- Handheld version with removable wand
- Boost mode for greater suction
Reasons to Buy Dyson DC44 Animal
- You own a dog or cat. The word "Animal" is in the name for a reason. With multiple powerheads and a superb motor, this vacuum is capable of sucking up fur, dirt, and other debris.
- You have stairs. Vacuuming with stairs used to be a big problem. But considering this cordless vacuum only weighs about 12 pounds, you can carry it with ease. But if that's still too much, you can opt for the handheld variation and bring that with you.
- You have hard floors and carpet. Some vacuums are preferable on one flooring than another. But with the options the DC44 Animal presents, you can switch out powerheads with ease as you go from kitchen tile to living room carpet.
Reasons to Avoid Dyson DC44 Animal
- You don't want to clean the filter. The DC44 Animal comes with a washable cloth filter, meaning you need to clean it every so often. It's not quite as resilient as a HEPA filter, which you get with the Dyson DC41, but the lack of a HEPA filter allows the vacuum to have far greater suction.
- You have a lot to clean. You have 20 minutes to vacuum everything on a single charge. If you need to resort to boost mode, then it only lasts about 6 minutes. It's not a lot of time. And if you have a big house, then you may need something with extra heft.
What real Dyson DC44 Animal reviews say
We spent 18 hours scouring the web (reading over 253 customer reviews). Our conclusion? Dyson DC44 Animal receives high praise! Our average consolidated user rating sits around a 4.6 - 4.74 (across several hundred reviews). Dyson DC44 Animal scored higher, on average, compared to their closest competitors.
What reviewers like
- "Takes minutes to zip around my carpeted, wood and vinyl floors to pick up hair and crumbs."
- "It scoops up dust and dirt within the vicinity of the head, so that you don't even have to push it into every corner."
- "It's so lightweight that I can move it about the house with ease and I love not having that nuisance of a cord."
- "I have small dogs that have to be clipped and groomed and my Dyson DC44 is just what I needed to clean up the hair that manages to fall on the floor while clipping."
- "I've owned this for about 6 weeks now, and have used it extensively throughout my move-in process (where styrofoam and dirt have been rampant). This thing gets the job done."
What reviewers dislike
- "The one big thing I do not care for is the 'trigger mechanism'. I would much prefer that, when you pull that switch, it would stay on until clicked off."
- "Five hours to charge battery, eight minutes of use on high and twenty on low."
- "This isn't a primary vacuum cleaner, that's for sure. This is a VERY good dirt devil."
- "I waited for a good promotion/Sale to get the price down a whole bunch before buying, not wanting to pay the full retail price. Didn't take long before one came along."
- "I still think that this vacuum is extremely overpriced, but it's by far the best cordless small vacuum that I've ever owned."
Where to buy Dyson DC44 Animal
For the best price, look for your next Dyson DC44 Animal on Amazon. The site also makes it easy to purchase replacement parts and filters should you ever need them. And if you decide the DC44 isn't the right vacuum for you, Amazon makes it easy to compare similar Dyson models, plus Prime members can enjoy fast, free shipping!
The bottom line on Dyson DC44 Animal vacuum
Dyson DC44 Animal is an ideal choice if you want superior suction and enhanced brushes at a reasonable price.
We have scoured the internet looking for the best prices, and nobody beats Amazon, click here to get your best deal!