With a powerful digital motor and superb boost function, the Dyson DC44 is capable of removing the toughest debris from hard surfaces. It only runs for up to 20 minutes on a single charge. But that may not be a problem for you depending on the size of your home.
Dyson DC44 overview
The Dyson DC44 vacuum is equipped to handle hard floors and carpet. The ultra-fine conductive carbon fiber brushes work amazingly well on tougher floor surfaces. Meanwhile, the rotating nylon brushes are great for getting rid of debris deep in carpets and rugs. Other features you get with this vacuum include:
- Digital motor that's 3 times faster than traditional motors
- 20 minutes of runtime on a single charge
Let us be the first to say, this vacuum isn't cheap. But, it's not your average vacuum. With modern features backed by Dyson's technology, it may be worth the investment. If you're tired of replacing your vacuums once every couple of years, then it may be time for an upgrade.
Get Dyson DC44 if...
- You want a two-in-one device. The Dyson DC44 functions as both an upright and handheld vacuum. You can use it around the house and then bring it to your car for a quick run-through.
- You want longevity. The Dyson DC44 comes with a lifetime, washable filter. It's recommended to clean it once a month, but it should last as long as your vacuum does.
- You want multiple cleaning heads. The DC44 comes with 4 attachment heads. When it comes time to clean your car or couch, you can swap out effortlessly and continue freshening up your home without skipping a beat.
Skip Dyson DC44 if...
- You have a lot to vacuum. The DC44 is a cordless vacuum that runs on battery power. On "Standard" mode, it only runs for 20 minutes. It's even less if you switch to "Max." For larger houses, a Dyson Cyclone may be preferable considering it gives you 60 minutes of suction on a single charge. It's also cordless, so you get the same benefit but with greater usability.
- You're on a budget. Dyson vacuums, in general, don't come cheap. You need to decide whether the plethora of features are worth the investment.
- Root cyclones to maintain performance
- Transparent dirt container
- Boost function to double suction power
- 180-degree articulation in the cleaner head
- No storage for attachments
- Doesn't stand upright on its own
- Small dirt cup (need to empty often)
Reasons to Buy Dyson DC44
- Your house has stairs. When you live in a multiple-story home, the last thing you want to do is carry a heavy corded vacuum up and down the stairs. The DC44 is lightweight and cordless, so you can take it everywhere.
- You need to clean your car often. When you're driving around kids or pets, your car gets as dirty as your house. Luckily, the DC44 functions as both a household and handheld vacuum you can bring to the car with you.
- You don't have a lot of storage space. When closet space is tight, you may not want to add a bulky vacuum to the mix. Luckily, the charging station attaches to the wall, taking up minimal space.
Reasons to Avoid Dyson DC44
- You have a lot to clean. On "Standard" mode, the DC44 lasts for up to 20 minutes. With the boost function, it only lasts for about 8. After that point, you need to charge for 3.5 hours, which may be inconvenient if you live in a large house.
- You don't want to continually stop. The dirt cup is fairly small on the DC44. You may need to stop what you're doing to empty it often as you go around the house. And that may not be something you want to deal with. A corded vacuum, such as the Dyson DC25, may be preferable if you're okay dealing with a cord in exchange for not having to remember to charge your vacuum before use.
What real Dyson DC44 reviews say
We spent 18 hours scouring the web (reading over 253 customer reviews). Our conclusion? Dyson DC44 receives high praise! Our average consolidated user rating sits around a 4.6 - 4.74 (across several hundred reviews). Dyson DC44 scored higher, on average, compared to their closest competitors.
What reviewers like
- "I have made 3 great decisions in my life. 1, joining the Peace Corps, 2, marrying my husband and 3, buying this vacuum!"
- "Battery life seems to be quite good - we use this all the time and have never yet had an issue with battery life."
- "The suction is very good- I can get pet hair off of the carpet using the brush and the max power setting."
- "It's lightweight and powerful and the wall mount makes it so easy to keep handy."
- "It gets used every day. And have noticed that since that we've been using this , there isn't any dust hardly to be found."
What reviewers dislike
- "No good way to store the additional pieces."
- "The one big thing I do not care for is the 'trigger mechanism'. I would much prefer that, when you pull that switch, it would stay on until clicked off."
- "That was a little cap that holds the roller in place on both the floor and small attachment for furniture. With a little turn it was supposed to lock into place, holding the roller brush securely in place. It would not turn to lock."
- "I still think that this vacuum is extremely overpriced, but it's by far the best cordless small vacuum that I've ever owned."
- "It is just a bit too expensive at retail price and it will not replace a full size vacuum especially on thicker pile carpet."
Where to buy Dyson DC44
The Dyson DC44 is available on Amazon. Many users have noted that it's a bit expensive, but Amazon makes the price a little easier. The site offers payment plans on certain products. And you can qualify for 0% interest when you're approved for an Amazon Store Card.
The bottom line on Dyson DC44 vacuum
Dyson DC44 is an ideal choice if you want powerful suction without the cord at a manageable price.
We have scoured the internet looking for the best prices, and nobody beats Amazon, click here to get your best deal!