The Dyson DC41 features a tangle-free turbine and multiple brush attachments. Both of these combined give the vacuum an extra component of functionality that provides for more flexible housekeeping. However, the overall design and price leaves a lot to be desired.
Dyson DC41 overview
According to Dyson, the DC41 has some of the best suction power among any other vacuum on the market. Other unique elements, include:
- Radial root cyclone technology
- Ball technology for simple steering
- Self-adjustable cleaner head for optimal contact on hard floors
Despite these features, the overall design is lacking. It's difficult to lower out of an upright, resting position. And at its price point, you may not feel like dealing with such an inconvenience. But, if your one prerequisite is clean floors, then this vacuum certainly fulfills that criteria.
Get Dyson DC41 if...
- Your floors constantly get dirty. The Dyson DC41 excels in pure suction power. This comes courtesy of Dyson's patented radial root cyclone technology that increases suction and limits the amount of microscopic particles that get into the air flow. Paired with the Dyson V6, a handheld vacuum for your car, you can easily suck up pet fur, dander, and anything else with ease.
- You want smooth handling. Once you get this vacuum moving, it feels great in your hands. New ball technology offers smooth steering, so you can get around the tightest corners with ease.
- You want to clean in every nook and cranny. With several attachments, you can clean in tight corners the vacuum would ordinarily be unable to reach. You get the same suction power to pick up everything, everywhere.
Skip Dyson DC41 if...
- You don't want a big vacuum head. The head on the DC41 may be too big to fit under couches and coffee tables. The attachment comes in handy, but needing to use it in these scenarios may be too much for some.
- You're on a budget. The DC41 is among the most expensive vacuums in Dyson's line. For the quality suction you get, you may not mind the hefty price tag. But if you're looking for something that's a little more budget-friendly, then the Dyson V7 Animal may be more your speed, which can cost as little as $250.
- Superior suction with radial root cyclone technology
- Easy-to-clean HEPA filters
- Better steering with improved ball technology
- Hard to get into position
- No automatic retracting cord
Reasons to Buy Dyson DC41
- You have a pet. Whether you have a dog or cat, animals leave behind a lot of fur. You need a vacuum that's built to deal with tough messes and comes with the suction necessary to grab every last strand. That's precisely what you get with Dyson's radial root cyclone technology.
- Your home has a lot of tight corners. With other vacuums, it's hard to reach certain areas. But with attachments and easy steering, the Dyson DC41 allows you to reach every last spot of your home.
- You don't have a lot of storage space. The Dyson DC41 is skinny; easily fitting into most closet spaces. It doesn't take up a lot of room, so it's a great option if you live in a small apartment or house.
Reasons to Avoid Dyson DC41
- You want an easy time getting your vacuum ready. The Dyson DC41 doesn't come with a button to get the vacuum into a reclined position. You're going to have to manually adjust it to start cleaning.
- You don't like extra steps. Many modern vacuums come with retractable cords. The Dyson DC41 isn't one of them, so you're going to need to put the cord back manually every time.
What real Dyson DC41 reviews say
We spent 18 hours scouring the web (reading over 253 customer reviews). Our conclusion? Dyson DC41 receives high praise! Our average consolidated user rating sits around a 4.6 - 4.74 (across several hundred reviews). Dyson DC41 scored higher, on average, compared to their closest competitors.
What reviewers like
- "This is a good all around vacuum, it never loses suction, its easy to remove the debris, has a hose that extends quite far, and just works well."
- "I still saved money buying this vacuum and choosing my accessory kit (allergy and asthma) and still saved about $60.00."
- "Everything has already been said about how well this [vacuum] works, the suction is amazing. I found it pretty easy to maneuver when I first started using it and the long power cord is great."
- "The five-year warranty of the Dyson is what finally convinced me, and I've never been happier with a product!"
- "A nice feature is the automatic floor height so you don't have to stop and change settings going from carpet to hardwood. Also the brush on/off control is at the top of the handle."
What reviewers dislike
- "Returning the vacuum to upright can be a bit tricky."
- "The picture of the lady stretching the vacuum all the way up the stairs is laughable. I think the vacuum would need to be bolted to the ground for that to happen."
- "It's expensive but worth it. It's heavier than I expected, so it's not so easy to carry it up 3 flights of steps."
- "I also found the attachments and hose awkward to use."
- "I also wish it had a foot pedal to unlock it from its standing position, but sometimes I think I have snapped it back upright only to have it start to fall."
Where to buy Dyson DC41
Amazon is the best place to purchase a new Dyson DC41. It's not cheap, but Amazon allows you to make monthly payments with 0% interest for the first 12 months when approved for an Amazon Store card. Plus, you can enjoy fast, free shipping!
The bottom line on Dyson DC41 vacuum
Dyson DC41 is an ideal choice if you want superior suction and ease of motion at an reasonable price.
We have scoured the internet looking for the best prices, and nobody beats Amazon, click here to get your best deal!