The Dyson DC40 vacuum makes cleaning simpler with a sturdy ball that allows for greater maneuverability. And Dyson's root cyclone technology is on full display. It's one of the more expensive vacuums around, but all of its features make it an option worth considering.
Dyson DC40 overview
The Dyson DC40 comes with patented Dyson technology to provide a superior cleaning experience. It comes with new radial root cyclone technology. Instead of debris going into a bag, the vacuum spins the air around at incredible speeds to separate the dust from the air. Debris goes directly into the bin, and it emits cleaner air than what it takes in. Other advantageous features include:
- Ball technology for easy steering
- Self-adjusting cleaner head
Some reviewers have noted the primarily plastic construction, even in the wheels, doesn't feel entirely durable. But if plastic doesn't bother you, it's a reliable vacuum with exceptional suction power.
Get Dyson DC40 if...
- You need to reach awkward spots. With ball technology, the Dyson DC40 offers turn-on-a-dime maneuvering. This allows you to get the vacuum into tight spots with ease.
- You want all the bells and whistles. In addition to your vacuum, you also receive a wand, combination tool, and stair tool. You can seamlessly switch from one tool to the next to clean everything most optimally.
- You don't want extra costs. With the Dyson DC40, you don't need replacement filters and bags. It comes with a washable filter that you should clean once every 30 days. But what you see is what you get, no extra expenses necessary.
Skip Dyson DC40 if...
- You want to go cordless. Many modern vacuums, like the DC35, are cordless. This makes them extra convenient because you don't have to ravel and unravel a cord constantly. The DC40 needs to be plugged in to function, which some people may find cumbersome.
- You're on a budget. Great features come at a hefty price. The DC40 is among the most expensive vacuums offered by Dyson. If you're looking for a budget-friendly Dyson, consider the V6 Slim.
- Certification from the Asthma & Allergy Foundation of America
- Extra nozzles, including a combination and stair tool
Reasons to Buy Dyson DC40
- You have a big house. Cordless vacuums only give you so much power. You may have to stop halfway through a job to recharge. Since the DC40 comes with a cord, you can leave it plugged in all the time to get every last nook and cranny in your home in one go.
- You have different types of flooring. The self-adjusting cleaner head makes it easy to go from hardwood to carpet and vice versa. You don't have to miss a beat. And this vacuum is perfectly capable of tackling any kind of flooring with gusto.
- You have allergies. Dust and dust mites can really get you sneezing. You shouldn't have to feel uncomfortable in your own home. The DC40 is capable of capturing particles as small as 0.5 microns, including bacteria and pollen.
Reasons to Avoid Dyson DC40
- Your house has a lot of stairs. The DC40 is powerful, but it's heavy. A cordless vacuum, like the Dyson V6, is a lot lighter to carry around larger homes.
- You have a small house. The Dyson DC40 takes up a lot of space with measurements of 12.20 in. x 14.30 in. x 41.90 in. For smaller apartments and houses, it may be overkill.
What real Dyson DC40 reviews say
We spent 18 hours scouring the web (reading over 253 customer reviews). Our conclusion? Dyson DC40 receives high praise! Our average consolidated user rating sits around a 4.6 - 4.74 (across several hundred reviews). Dyson DC40 scored higher, on average, compared to their closest competitors.
What reviewers like
- "The Ball is awesome. I love it. It is amazing technology. It makes moving this thing so easy. [It's] like zooming around in a race car. I'd buy a Dyson again just for the Ball."
- "We have 2 pets and this thing sucks up pet hair I didn't know we had on the floor."
- "It has great suction and maneuvers easily."
- "Using the Dyson is extremely intuitive and easy. It navigates well around and under furniture and emptying the canister is simple and straightforward."
- "I've had this vacuum for over a year without any problems. It is definitely worth the price."
What reviewers dislike
- "The cord is pretty short, at least compared to what I'm used to with the old Hoover. This is a little annoying, but not a deal breaker."
- "Using the combination crevice/brush tool is cumbersome."
- "I only wish the electric cord and attachment hose were longer and the canister was larger."
- "The only drawback is using the extension attachment as noted in the advertising will tip the vacuum over so this becomes a 2 person job."
- "This model does feel cheaper than my original animal, but it is also lighter which I need."
Where to buy Dyson DC40
The Dyson DC40 vacuum is available for the best price on Amazon. The site makes it easy to compare the DC40 with comparable vacuums. Plus, if you're a Prime member, you get to enjoy fast, free shipping!
The bottom line on Dyson DC40 vacuum
Dyson DC40 is an ideal choice if you want powerful cyclone technology with an incredible steering ball at a decent price.
We have scoured the internet looking for the best prices, and nobody beats Amazon, click here to get your best deal!