The Dyson DC39 is a canister-type vacuum that boasts the most powerful cyclone technology of its kind, according to Dyson. It has many special features, including lightweight design, easy-turn technology, and a triggerhead cleaning nozzle adjustable with minimal bending. But there's some concern surrounding noise and minor design issues.
Dyson DC39 overview
The Dyson DC39 is a dual-action, powerful canister vacuum that's both lightweight and durable. Some of its prominent features include easy-turn Dyson Ball technology, radial root cyclone technology, and a special triggerhead tool that allows you to adjust your vacuum without bending down. A few other features include:
- Cyclone technology that, according to Dyson, traps more dirt and allergens than any other vacuum of its kind.
- Lightweight compared to other canister models.
- Triggerhead cleaning capabilities that limit stooping and allow you to clean quickly and more efficiently.
- Extendable hose for easy reach.
The Dyson DC39 is incredibly beneficial if you're cleaning a space that's too big for a handheld, but too small for an upright. However, it's an expensive vacuum, and if you're uneasy making an investment in an appliance, we understand your anxiety. That's why we wanted this review to be as comprehensive as possible, giving you an inside look as to what it's like to own this vacuum.
Get Dyson DC39 if...
- You need a compromise vacuum. Whether it's for storage purposes or quality, this is an excellent choice for those medium-sized apartments or houses that are too big for a handheld or hybrid, and too small for standard upright.
- You're a person who likes mobility. This vacuum uses Dyson Ball technology, meaning your vacuum follows you instead of bumping into things or getting stuck.
- You want a vacuum that's durable. The Dyson DC39 is made of the same materials used to craft helmets and other quality plastics. Coupled with a 5-year warranty, this makes DC39 a durable cleaning machine.
Skip Dyson DC39 if...
- You don't like canister vacuums. While Dyson's triggerhead technology reduces the amount you're required to stoop and bend as you clean, canister vacuums, in general, call for a bit of athleticism while in use. For this reason, if you're older, have back problems, or simply don't like canisters, you should consider other Dyson upright/hybrid models, like the DC14, the Dyson Ball series, or many models in the V6 or V7 range.
- Immense amount of suction
- Hand-hold for easy portability
- Hygienic bin removal with the touch of a button
- Radial root cyclone technology which is top-of-the-line, according to Dyson
- Triggerhead cleaning nozzle
- Requires bending and stooping
Reasons to Buy Dyson DC39
- You have limited storage but a relatively big cleaning area. If you're cleaning for a large family in an apartment or house with limited storage, this is the vacuum for you. While it's as powerful and durable as a traditional upright, it's also as easy to store and, in some cases, lighter than hybrid Dyson models. This makes it ideal for large cleaning tasks in spaces where storage is limited.
- You're looking for a vacuum that's good for pets and reduces allergens. While this isn't explicitly marketed for pets, many users state this works better for animal hair and dander than their earlier-model pet-specific Dyson models. Don't forget: Dyson cyclone technology is powerful, meaning the dirt removed from your carpet stays in your vacuum, not in the air.
Reasons to Avoid Dyson DC39
- You're looking for an upright, handheld, or hybrid. The DC39 is a remarkable vacuum. But it's not Dyson's most recent or most powerful. Suppose you're in the market for an upright or hybrid vacuum. In that case, we recommend you take a look at Dyson's more recent models, or those known for powerful suction and versatility, like the Dyson V11.
What real Dyson DC39 reviews say
We spent 18 hours scouring the web (reading over 253 customer reviews). Our conclusion? Dyson DC39 receives high praise! Our average consolidated user rating sits around a 4.6 - 4.74 (across several hundred reviews). Dyson DC39 scored higher, on average, compared to their closest competitors.
What reviewers like
- "I have been using this for 6 years now. Works great."
- "But it works great with my wood floor after two weeks' use. I am happy with the result."
- "Strongly recommend for pet hair removal."
- "It handles a bit differently from my old Kenmore, which means it took a little getting used to as far as movement, but it works SO much better."
What reviewers dislike
- "The attachment hose could be more durable."
- "However, there is no place to carry accessories."
- "[It's] noisy compare[d] to my old vacuum."
- "The only down side is it's a little more difficult to clean out than DC28 which I use downstairs."
Where to buy Dyson DC39
We searched extensively for the best prices, and found them on Amazon! If you think the DC39 is for you, you'll also get to enjoy Amazon's fast, free shipping. Amazon is also the most consistently-stocked market where you can easily compare most Dyson products' prices and features!
The bottom line on the Dyson DC39 vacuum
Dyson DC39 is the best choice if you want a lightweight, high-suction canister vacuum all at a reasonable price.
We have scoured the internet looking for the best prices, and nobody beats Amazon, click here to get your best deal!