The Dyson DC35 uses carbon fiber brushes to clean hard floors as well as carpet with ease. With root cyclone technology, common in most Dyson vacuums, you don't lose suction as you go along. The main thing to be aware of is the heavier handle, which may be tough for some people to maneuver.
Dyson DC35 overview
For a cordless vacuum, the Dyson DC35 still packs plenty of power thanks to its digital motor. The 22.2V lithium ion battery charges evenly and is 3 times faster than competing vacuums. And with Dyson's patented root cyclone technology, you're not going to lose suction as you clean. Some of the other features to take note of include:
- Detachable long reach wand
So you're not taken by surprise, it's important to note that most of the vacuum's weight is in the handle. As such, it can be a bit of a strain on your wrist. But considering a lot of people vacuum for short stretches of time, it may not be that big of a deal. The Dyson DC35 has a lot of unique features that make it worth considering when you're in the market for a new vacuum.
Get Dyson DC35 if...
- Your house has multiple types of flooring. The Dyson DC35 works great on tile, wood, and carpet. And with multiple attachments, you can reach every crevice with ease.
- You're tired of messes. The DC35 comes with a high-quality Dyson bin. It opens effortlessly without creating a mess on the floor.
- You're done with cords. Vacuum cords get in the way of cleaning and can be a hassle to undo and put back together. As a cordless vacuum, the DC35 doesn't have that problem.
Skip Dyson DC35 if...
- You're on a budget. Dyson vacuums come with a lot of bells and whistles. Those features come at a hefty price, and the DC35 is definitely an investment.
- You want consistent usage. While the cordless feature is a nice touch, some people may want a cord solely so they can continuously use their vacuums. A corded vacuum like the Dyson DC25 is just as powerful as the DC35, but you can use it without waiting for it to fully charge.
- Combination accessory tool where nozzle turns into a brush tool for dusting
- Crevice tool for reaching into tough spots
- Motorized floor tool with carbon fiber brushes
- 22.2 V lithium ion battery
Reasons to Buy Dyson DC35
- Your home has several types of flooring. Some vacuums are equipped to handle hardwood but don't do as well on carpet. The Dyson DC35, with multiple attachments, is capable of handling both.
- You have pets. Dog and cat fur can be tough to pick up from the floor. Luckily, the independent motor located in the cleaner head spins 1,500 times a minute to pick up absolutely everything in the vacuum's path.
- You have a lot of hard-to-reach places to clean. With the attachments, you can clean areas up high and in tough corners. And the long reach wand is made out of lightweight aluminum, so it's not a hassle to deal with.
Reasons to Avoid Dyson DC35
- You have a large house. After a full charge, the Dyson DC35 runs for about 20 minutes with a regular cleaning. If you have a larger house and need the vacuum for a while, then you may need to charge it halfway through cleaning. Even something like the Dyson Cyclone gives you 60 minutes of usage on a single charge.
- You have wrist problems. A lot of the vacuum's weight comes in the handle. As you maneuver it around, it may cause some people to feel strained in their wrists.
What real Dyson DC35 reviews say
We spent 18 hours scouring the web (reading over 253 customer reviews). Our conclusion? Dyson DC35 receives high praise! Our average consolidated user rating sits around a 4.6 - 4.74 (across several hundred reviews). Dyson DC35 scored higher, on average, compared to their closest competitors.
What reviewers like
- "This is truly a light, easy to use vacuum. It glides easily over both hardwood and carpet. The total weight (with floor attachment and powered handle) is around 5 pounds."
- "I love the brush head, and couldn't believe how well it works. The head actually comes apart fairly easily as well to allow you to clean any string or whatnot that may get wrapped around it, a fantastic feature if you ask me."
- "In the house, I have not found that it is necessary to use it on max -it does a great job with just regular power."
- "I FOUND SOMETHING GREAT in the Dyson. I am an owner of an upright Dyson machine and thoroughly subscribe to its worth for suction power."
- "I bought this specifically to get all the dust bunnies and pet hair from under the furniture, and it does this well without having to bend down."
What reviewers dislike
- "True, the battery life isn't great, but these are not meant to replace the primary vacuum."
- "She likes it on the bare floor better than carpet thats for sure. Yes you can talk her into doing the carpet for a little while but she [doesn't] like it."
- "The wall charger requires plugging in the plug to a wall socket and the cord dangles in plain site."
- "I would not recommend this to anyone with [painful] finger joints."
- "The handle that you hold is [too] large for my spouse to hold comfortably."
Where to buy Dyson DC35
New and used Dyson DC35 vacuums are available from Amazon. Expect to spend a few hundred dollars. But with that price point, you get exceptional power in a small package. Free Amazon product support comes included with your purchase.
The bottom line on Dyson DC35 vacuum
Dyson DC35 is an ideal choice if you want a powerful motor combined with carbon fiber brushes to clean any floor thoroughly at a great price.
We have scoured the internet looking for the best prices, and nobody beats Amazon, click here to get your best deal!