The Dyson DC34 may be a handheld vacuum, but with root cyclone technology and a 22.2 volt lithium-ion battery, it has all the power you'd expect out of an upright vacuum. The battery life is short, but if you live in a small space where storage is limited, the DC34 is worth considering.
Dyson DC34 overview
The Dyson DC34 handheld vacuum is one of the most powerful models on the market. It's powered by the Dyson digital motor that has the highest suction power (according to Dyson), out of any handheld vacuum around. And the 22.2 volt lithium-ion battery releases a charge evenly throughout use. The power doesn't fade at all. Other features include:
Like many other handheld vacuums, the battery life isn't long. But provided you don't have a ton of flooring to clean, it should be more than enough. Plus, since it's a handheld, it can be used to clean your car's interior as well.
Get Dyson DC34 if...
- You don't have a ton of storage. You may not have a big closet to store a full-sized vacuum. With dimensions of 4.4 in. x 12.7 in. x 8.1 in., you can tuck the DC34 away with ease.
- You have a small house. If you live in an apartment of tiny house, then the DC34 should be more than enough. You get 15 minutes of use out of the regular setting. On MAX power, you get about 6 minutes.
- You want a vacuum for everywhere. Not only is the DC34 great for your house, but you can also use it to keep your car and office clean, too. With an ergonomic handle, you can effortlessly carry it around to pick up every last bit of dirt you can find.
Skip Dyson DC34 if...
- You're on a budget. A Dyson V7 is another handheld vacuum that's much more affordable compared to the DC34.
- You have a big space to vacuum. The DC34 is great for tight squeezes. But its size and runtime may not be suitable for someplace larger. In that case, you may want the Dyson Cyclone, which is a full-sized, cordless vacuum that gives you 60 minutes of power on a single charge.
- 22.2V lithium-ion battery
- 2 attachments: crevice tool and combination brush
Reasons to Buy Dyson DC34
- You live in an apartment. When you don't have a ton of space, you may not need a full-sized vacuum. A handheld may be more of your speed. It doesn't take up as much room in the closet. And weighing less than 3 pounds means you can easily carry it from one room to the next.
- You have pets. Having a dog or cat that sheds can really wipe out your flooring. The Dyson digital motor spins up to 5 times faster than that of a racing car engine. So this vacuum grabs everything with ease.
- You have stairs. The DC34 doesn't rely on a cord. And with an ergonomic handle, you can carry it without it placing too much of a strain on your hand and wrist. All of this makes cleaning stairs a lot easier.
Reasons to Avoid Dyson DC34
- You live somewhere larger. The DC34 runs for 15 minutes on regular mode after 3.5 hours of charging. When you have numerous rooms to clean, you may not get enough power to do everything all at once.
- You can't bend over. As a handheld vacuum, you have to get on the floor to clean with the DC34. If you have trouble getting to your knees, then an upright Dyson model is more suitable to your needs.
What real Dyson DC34 reviews say
We spent 18 hours scouring the web (reading over 253 customer reviews). Our conclusion? Dyson DC34 receives high praise! Our average consolidated user rating sits around a 4.6 - 4.74 (across several hundred reviews). Dyson DC34 scored higher, on average, compared to their closest competitors.
What reviewers like
- "I love it....bought more for the office."
- "After 3 years, the battery is still strong. It is easy to empty, very solid design."
- "Modern design, quiet motor, easy to clean the bin."
- "It is super handy and works very efficiently. Easy to assemble, easy to clean, light weighted, and can be used anywhere. Just love it!"
- "One thing about all Dyson products is the simplicity using them and attaching everything together. It literally just snaps together."
What reviewers dislike
- "The turbo boost is good for a little more than 5 minutes, but this is not designed for big jobs."
- "While they [look] similar, the tube on the 34 is much smaller than the 35. All attachments will fit, but the 35 has electrical contacts on the tube making it larger on the outside circumference."
- "It must be recharged while on the vacuum and takes 3+ hrs to do so."
- "The only issue that we have is that the battery does not last as long as we would've like especially if you have it on Max suction."
- "I would say the charge is the only downside, it doesn't last long enough!"
Where to buy Dyson DC34
You can find the Dyson DC34 handheld vacuum for sale on Amazon. With a light, intuitive design, it's the ideal vacuum for cleaning up tight, narrow areas of your home and car. The vacuum sells out quickly, but Amazon lets you set alerts. So you get an email as soon as it's back in stock.
The bottom line on Dyson DC34 vacuum
Dyson DC34 is an ideal choice if you want a lightweight yet powerful vacuum at an affordable price.
We have scoured the internet looking for the best prices, and nobody beats Amazon, click here to get your best deal!