Dyson engineers incorporated Airmuscle technology into the Dyson DC28 to give it intense power over any flooring. And the washable HEPA filter has earned accolades for being allergy- and asthma-friendly. It's pricey, but many people have found it's well-worth the investment.
Dyson DC28 overview
The Dyson DC28 vacuum is specially equipped to handle houses with pets. It comes with Airmuscle technology, which allows the vacuum to adjust perfectly to the type of flooring you have. You can go from hardwood to carpet without missing a beat. And root cyclone technology means there's no loss of suction when the battery starts running out of power. Other features, include:
- Quick-draw telescopic reach wand
- Clear bin and hygienic emptying method
The DC28 does cost quite a bit of money. And some people have pointed out that the release handle for the bin can get clogged with dirt if you don't clean it often enough. But when you have multiple dogs and/or cats running around your home, having a vacuum powerful enough to pickup the pet hair with ease is worth considering.
Get Dyson DC28 if...
- You're an animal lover. You may love your furry companions. But most dogs and cats tend to shed. Not just any vacuum can handle the load. You need a vacuum with root cyclone technology that's capable of capturing particles as small as 0.5 microns.
- You have respiratory problems. Many vacuums kick up dirt while they clean, irritating your sinuses. Fortunately, the DC28 is certified asthma- and allergy-friendly by the Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America.
- You want a vacuum built to last. With the DC28, you don't need to worry about replacement parts such as belts and bags. Plus, it comes with a washable HEPA filter that you can reuse.
Skip Dyson DC28 if...
- You don't want a corded vacuum. Many vacuums, such as the Dyson DC44 and DC25, are cordless. This allows you to take it anywhere in your house. The DC28 comes with a cord, so you're going to have to unplug and plug it back in wherever you're cleaning at the moment.
- You're on a budget. Since it's bulkier, expect to pay a bit more for a DC28. You may want to to opt for a Dyson V8 Animal which is a few hundred dollars less than this model.
- Bagless, 5/8-gallon bin capacity
- Comes with a high-torque clutch, pneumatic actuator, and powered cam
- Mini turbine head for getting debris out of tight corners
Reasons to Buy Dyson DC28
- You have a big house to clean. Cordless vacuums are nice, but you only get so much usage before you need to charge it again. You may have to unplug and plug your DC28, but at least you can clean the entire house in one go. It allows you to do vacuuming in a single day, so you're not stretching it out over the course of a week.
- You have multiple types of flooring. Some vacuums do better on carpet than hardwood and vice versa. With Airmuscle technology, the DC28 is equipped to go over any surface with ease.
- You have allergies. The washable HEPA filter catches the smallest particles commonly found in houses. This includes dust mites, mold spores, and pollen.
Reasons to Avoid Dyson DC28
- Your home has a lot of stairs. The DC28 is a great vacuum. But it's heavy and tough to manage on stairs. You may need a cordless model like the Dyson V6 Slim instead.
- You don't have any animals. The DC28 is impressive. But all that power goes to waste if your house doesn't contain animal dander and fur. If it's just you or one other person in a smaller house, then a compact, more affordable vacuum may be more ideal.
What real Dyson DC28 reviews say
We spent 18 hours scouring the web (reading over 253 customer reviews). Our conclusion?Dyson DC28 receives high praise! Our average consolidated user rating sits around a 4.6 4.74 (across several hundred reviews). Dyson DC28 scored higher, on average, compared to their closest competitors.
What reviewers like
- "It picks up everything including pet hair and kid crumbs and makes the carpet fluff like nothing else."
- "The canister is extremely easy to use as well... No having to tip it over or dump it... Just push a button and release!"
- "I have 3 dogs which was the deciding factor to buy the Dyson and after daily use for about a month the vacuum is still as strong as ever."
- "This is the best vacuum I have ever owned... It picks up everything and is very easy to clean."
- "The Dyson DC28 Animal vacuum is worth the money!"
What reviewers dislike
- "Very hard to push on anything but the bare floor."
- "Very heavy. Heavier than our previous vacuum. At least 20 pounds, and hard for my wife to carry upstairs."
- "The extension that you can use for cleaning stairs and cobwebs out ceiling corners and such is rather too long and cumbersome to use for trying to clean out cabinets and drawers."
- "On bare floors, it won't pick up larger items (like leaves!?)"
- "Now you pull out then have to turn over to get in a comfortable cleaning angle. This takes a little getting used to when you switch over from the more natural operation in the older model."
Where to buy Dyson DC28
Amazon has a Dyson DC28 vacuum available for the best price around. Not to mention, it ships fast and free. Amazon makes it easy to shop for additional Dyson accessories, plus you can easily add this vacuum to your wishlist or wedding registry with the click of a button.
The bottom line on Dyson DC28 vacuum
Dyson DC28 is an ideal choice if you want amazing power that doesn't irritate the sinuses at a great price.
We have scoured the internet looking for the best prices, and nobody beats Amazon, click here to get your best deal!