The Dyson DC25 Animal vacuum is ideal for households with pets as its powerful root cyclone technology and a mini turbine head picks up pet fur and hair with ease. It's a bit on the bulkier side, but if you have a large space susceptible to pet dander and debris, the DC25 Animal is worth considering.
Dyson DC25 Animal overview
The Dyson DC25 Animal vacuum excels in picking up pet hair. With root cyclone technology, it never loses power as you clean. And the mini turbine head attachment is capable of catching fur from tight places, such as stairs, cars, and upholstery. Other features, include:
- Ball technology for easy maneuverability
- Motorized brush bar for enhanced cleaning performance
- Low center of gravity to make it simpler to steer
The main drawback for many people is the high price. Dyson is a leader in the vacuum industry. And many of its products come at a high price point. The DC25 Animal certainly is a premium product, and consumers should expect to pay as such. But when you look at all the features, you may decide a high-quality vacuum is precisely what you need.
Get Dyson DC25 Animal if...
- You need consistent suction. Root cyclone technology ensures that you retain constant suction throughout your usage.
- You want seamless performance. Ball technology allows you to steer the vacuum with the slightest turn of your wrist. You don't have to worry about picking it up to readjust or figuring out how you're going to get your vacuum to reach certain corners.
- You have pet hair everywhere. Pet fur can wind up in the tightest spots, including under furniture and on stairs. The mini turbine head attachment is great for these scenarios because the suction picks up every last strand.
Skip Dyson DC25 Animal if...
- You have limited storage space. The mini turbine head attachment is a great feature. But there's nowhere on the vacuum to place it. You're going to need to keep it somewhere when it's not in use. And some people may not have the closet space available.
- You don't want to deal with a cord. The DC25 Animal does come with a cord. While this means you don't have to charge it, it does mean you have to lug a cord around everywhere with you.
- Quick-draw telescope reach wand
- No storage for attachments
Reasons to Buy Dyson DC25 Animal
- You have a big house to clean. One issue with cordless vacuums is that you only have so much time to clean everything. But since the Dyson DC25 Animal is corded, you can bring your vacuum everywhere until your home is spotless.
- You have pets. The DC25 Animal is specifically designed to tackle heavy fur. With root cyclone technology and a mini turbine head attachment, you can finally tackle all those clumps of hair piling up.
- Your home has a lot of tough-to-reach areas. With a wand measuring 16 inches, you can reach everywhere. The tops of cabinets and curtains also need cleaning. If you're not the tallest person around, then the wand really helps pick up some of the slack.
Reasons to Avoid Dyson DC25 Animal
- You have to go up stairs. The cord only allows you to go so far. And considering the vacuum weighs over 20 pounds, it can be tough to get around houses with multiple stories.
- You're limited on storage space. The DC25 Animal is a bit bulkier than other vacuums. The Dyson V7 series is cordless and weighs a fraction of the DC25 Animal. If you don't has as much closet space, then something like that may be more your speed.
What real Dyson DC25 Animal reviews say
We spent 18 hours scouring the web (reading over 253 customer reviews). Our conclusion? Dyson DC25 Animal receives high praise! Our average consolidated user rating sits around a 4.6 - 4.74 (across several hundred reviews). Dyson DC25 Animal scored higher, on average, compared to their closest competitors.
What reviewers like
- "I love that it does not eat through filters like other vacs. It really does work - it has about the same suction as other comparable high quality brands, but doesn't go through bags and filters as quickly."
- "I have two dogs and it's amazing how much more dirt and debris that this vacuum picks up compared to my previous one."
- "Much lighter than a regular vac, and more powerful to boot. Great suction."
- "I am so proud of this vacuum. I have asthma and it does not agitate it all."
- "The beater bar (and the handtool too) easily detaches from the head to allow easy (and I do mean easy) cleanup. This took a 30 minute, messy job to almost nothing. Worth it for this alone!"
What reviewers dislike
- "I love the long cord but wish it was retractable or something."
- "Some complain that the canister is too small. I did too, but that's simply due to the fact it pulls out SO much dirt and grime from the carpet that it's borderline gross."
- "The [vacuum] is great on suction and [maneuvering] but the attachment hose is really stiff and hard to use without pulling over the machine."
- "The handle's extension "tube" is rather stiff, and consequently, pulling on the extension tube (which one must do in order to vacuum with it) will often tip the vacuum cleaner over."
Where to buy Dyson DC25 Animal
If you're tired of living with mountains of pet fur, then the Dyson DC25 Animal is right for you. It's available on Amazon as are many other Dyson vacuums. Even if the DC25 Animal isn't your perfect match, you can still find the right vacuum for your needs.
The bottom line on Dyson DC25 Animal
Dyson DC25 Animal is an ideal choice if you want awesome suction and useful attachments at a reasonable price.
We have scoured the internet looking for the best prices, and nobody beats Amazon, click here to get your best deal!