The Dyson Canister is an easy-to-maneuver, lightweight corded vacuum. It features ball technology for easy steering, a 45-foot cleaning range, and HEPA filtration that hygienically traps harmful dust and bacteria. However, some customers have concerns about this vacuum's design and its ability to handle pet hair.
Dyson Canister overview
The Dyson Canister vacuum is a powerful, multi-room cleaning machine. Dyson bagless technology traps and locks dirt inside the vacuum, keeping it from being released back into your house. It's similar in design to the Dyson Ball model range and boasts several robust features, including:
- HEPA filtration traps allergens and bacteria inside the machine, comes with a washable lifetime filter
- Ball technology that steers easily
- Radial root cyclone technology of the Dyson Ball line improves suction, catching more microscopic particles
Even with the immense—sometimes too powerful—suction and a few design concerns, we found the Dyson Canister to be a useful and powerful addition to your cleaning routine. We think it's incredibly beneficial if you're cleaning a large home with stairs. But if you're uneasy making an investment in an appliance, we understand the stress. That's why we wanted this review to be as comprehensive as possible, giving you an inside look as to what it's like to own this vacuum.
Get Dyson Canister if...
- You live in a big house. This vacuum is perfect for multi-bedroom homes or larger spaces. It's portable, with an easy-grip handle and a long cord. That means it can move room to room with ease, allowing you to clean more efficiently.
- You're a person who needs a deep clean. The turbine head has stiff nylon bristles to remove ground-in dirt from the deepest shag carpeting. Carbon fiber filaments work to remove dust from hard floors, making it a versatile and useful cleaning machine for every room.
- You need to clean hard-to-reach areas. It features a long wand, capable of extending up to 50ft. This helps you reach beneath or behind the couch, but also your ceiling with ease.
Skip Dyson Canister if...
- You live in an apartment. This is not only one of the biggest Dyson models, which could cause problems in spaces with limited storage, but it's also one of the most powerful. For that reason, apartment-dwellers could find that they don't have enough room and don't need a vacuum as powerful as the Dyson Canister. If this sounds like you, you should consider some of the smaller, cordless Dyson models, such as the V6 & V7.
- An impressive amount of suction
- Hand-held for easy portability
- Highest rating for customer satisfaction in canister vacuums
- Hygienic bin removal with the touch of a button
- Radial root cyclone technology
- Not great for picking up pet hair
Reasons to Buy Dyson Canister
- Awarded highest customer satisfaction across all canister vacuums in ease of use, features, styling/appearance, and warranty.
- You have allergies. Because of the Dyson Canister's whole-machine HEPA filtration system, dirt, dust, dander and other allergy-inducing particles are trapped inside the vacuum without a way to escape. It's so efficient it's been certified by the Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America.
- You're looking for an upgrade. If you're tired of fighting with vacuums that don't work correctly, stop working quickly, or just want an upgrade, the Dyson Canister is an excellent choice for you. While it's an investment, it's highly-regarded by users and comes with a fair warranty to protect your investment.
Reasons to Avoid Dyson Canister
- You don't need all the bells and whistles. It's no secret that the Dyson Canister is an expensive vacuum. But if you're in an apartment or other small space, or your cleaning needs aren't too oppressive, there's a good chance you don't need all that power. That means you can save a little on your new vacuum! Dyson makes several models for use in smaller households, many of which are more compact for storage purposes and are less expensive. Consider a V6 or V7 Dyson vacuum instead.
What real Dyson Canister reviews say
We spent 18 hours scouring the web (reading over 253 customer reviews). Our conclusion? Dyson Canister receives high praise! Our average consolidated user rating sits around a 4.6 - 4.74 (across several hundred reviews). Dyson Canister scored higher, on average, compared to their closest competitors.
What reviewers like
- "But no, seriously, this is my first ever Dyson, and it is living up to its name already!"
- "Great suction and had good built in storage"
- "I can easily change the heads on the wand and do my walls and ceiling in a snap!"
- "I really like the versatility that comes with the swivel head."
- "I've always wanted a Dyson and finally got around to buy one. Very happy with my purchase!"
What reviewers dislike
- "I only have one gripe with this particular model. Where the suction tube for the vacuum attaches to the base seems a bit flimsy."
- "Lack of decent attachments."
- "It would probably be fine for someone with fewer or no pets."
- "Still getting used to the "spinning power brush" which is what comes in contact with the floor or carpet. It just seems puny."
- "It just CANNOT handle any pet hair."
Where to buy Dyson Canister
We searched high and low for the best prices, and found them on Amazon! If you think this vacuum is for you, you'll not only get a great price, but get to enjoy Amazon's fast, free shipping. Amazon is also the most consistently-stocked market where you can easily compare most Dyson products' prices and features!
The bottom line on the Dyson Canister vacuum
Dyson Canister is the best choice if you want a high-suction vacuum known for its customer satisfaction—all at a great price.
We have scoured the internet looking for the best prices, and nobody beats Amazon, click here to get your best deal!